99' Mercury Marquis help identify this part please - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2007, 12:25   #1 (permalink)

Question 99' Mercury Marquis help identify this part please

OK,
I bought this 99' Mercury Grand Marquis from my inlaws and it was always like dragging (the rear end) only when I pulled out of a driveway. I assumed that it was similar to the plastic that is attached to the front of the car that makes a "scraping" sound when you pull to close in a parking lot and hit on one of those concrete thingys. I hope this make sense.

Anyway, yesterday,I went over a RR track and this black box looking thing came lose and was dragging. Luckily I had some bungi cords and it is being held up right now (temporarily).

I don't know what it is exactly. Description:square box bolted to bottom of fuel tank, about 12" x 12" or so.. and it has 2 hoses coming off the side
and also has an electical type plug. The box broke lose and was dragging on the ground. Anybody know what this is??????????

I am a single mom, who does alot of stuff on my own. I need to call for help, but don't know what to call this thing. Help!! All serious answers appreciated.
trulyblest is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2007, 18:59   #2 (permalink)

Re: 99' Mercury Marquis help identify this part please

If you had a picture it would help. If it is a factory part my *guess* would be that it is part of the evaporative system (the system that let's your gas tank vent back into the intake system rather than to the outside atmosphere). If your car has rear air suspension it could possibly be a pressure canister but I'm REALLY guessing now.

Is this thing plastic? Metal?
sheebeehuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71