99 P71 no start no crank
Ok guys I am in need of some help. I recently purchased a 99 Crown Victoria P71 with 175k miles. Everything ran good but I changed the trans fluid (burnt) and oil (low) as soon as I got it and drove it around after said changes.
The next day I decided to wash the car, I then started it and reversed it back so it would have a dry spot underneath so I could see if any fluids were leaking after my changes. At this time I decided to remove the giant police console inbetween the seats. I removed both front seats and snipped the many wires connecting to the police console. Now the car will not start it will not crank at all...
I traced all the police wires and the only live wires hooked up to something where the switch to turn on the sirens, the brown horn wire hooked up to nothing, and a power wire going to a small fuse box, and some black ground wires. The rest were just dead wires in the console not hooked to anything.
I have checked all fuses, power distribution box, I have tested the starter and it spins. I have replaced battery terminals and I am getting full power to the distrib box as well as starter solenoid. I am fully charged the battery as well as tried a completely different battery.
When I turn the key:
- It makes one click from the power distribution box and thats it. Everytime it is turned to crank it clicks once.
- Fuel pump primes (wouldn't matter since it doesn't crank as of now)
- I do not get power to the start solenoid post that should transfer over when key is cranked.
- The check engine light is on while trying to start the car not sure if this is normal.
- I have tried starting in park and neutral as well as moving the shifter stick around to see if it was the neutral saftey switch
I just do not know what to do next can anyone help?
Thank you so much in advance