AC Delco plugs in a ford? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2010, 13:37   #1 (permalink)

AC Delco plugs in a ford?

Hello, I just picked up this 05 P71 and thought maybe I would go through it a little bit so I figured I would change the plugs first. My autoparts store never had autolite plugs just champion and ac delco for this particular car. So I picked up 8 of the delco platinum plugs. The car has 60,000 miles on it. I pulled out the first plug and it has motorcraft platinum`s right now and it actually looked to be in pretty good shape. I wonder if they are the original plugs, has anybody had a ford run good or bad with ac delco plugs. Maybe I should just leave them alone. Thanks for the suggestions.
lt1tyrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2010, 14:08   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Re: AC Delco plugs in a ford?

Are you talking about the A/C platinum plugs that cost 7 or 8 bucks each? Those are pretty darn good plugs if you ask me.

jwko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 14:08   #3 (permalink)

I am not sure how often these plugs are supposed to be changed but if it is aroundthe 100,000 mile mark I will just leave them.
Old 11-13-2010, 14:24   #4 (permalink)

Yes those are the plugs I bought, I get dealer pricing so they were a little bit cheaper but some people have told me to use delco plugs in a chevy because that is what they are designed for and fords should use motorcraft so I might just return these ones and leave them alone for a little longer.
Old 11-13-2010, 14:41   #5 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

We've never used AC Delco plugs in our fleet. Just Motorcraft or Autolite. WE change them aroung 60,000 to 70,000 miles. Once in awhile we miss one and they went 120,000 miles. Didn't show any signs except that the mileage improved after the replacement.
Old 11-13-2010, 16:28   #6 (permalink)
Administrator

Well if your worried your Ford will detect those AC plugs and go down on you, she won't. The only plugs you would have to worry about and ones with multiple electrodes like the Bosch +2 & +4's.
Old 11-13-2010, 19:14   #7 (permalink)
Pantherholic

Garage

whats wrong with the bosch +2 plugs? i have used them in my cars with no hassles... my mileage was 25mpg in the 4.6L and the Grand Caravan we have is getting close to 30mpg... but shows up 21mpg overall driving

my 1986 Grand Marquis LS... Rose...
87_Crown_Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 19:44   #8 (permalink)
Administrator

In some of the later models the +2 & 4's have caused misfire issues.
Old 11-14-2010, 03:46   #9 (permalink)

Well I will just return these and call around for some autolite or motorcraft plugs, thanks guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71