Aftermarket Keyless Entry Install Help! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2005, 11:00   #1 (permalink)

Aftermarket Keyless Entry Install Help!

Hey all, I got a keyless entry system for my fiance's 92 mercury grand marquis in the mail about a week ago. I am lost as to how to wire it up. I mounted it, gave it a constant 12+ and a gorund, and I programed the remotes that it came with. I then used a test light to see if it works, (took negative wire from unit and +12 test wire) and it does (button pused on remote and light goes on). The only wires that I have left to wire up (besides the constant + and the ground I already did) are a - signal wire for the lock and a - signal wire for the unlock. This is a very basic system and I dont know how it hooks up. I wired them temporarily to corrosponding - wires in the door lock switch unit thing (actually in the door arm rest) and nothing. I dont know how sending additional - current to an already - line will make anything happen anyway. I hope that I make some sense and that someone can help me.

Thanks!
thewoahna is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2005, 16:27   #2 (permalink)

Re: Aftermarket Keyless Entry Install Help!

Are you sure those are negatives? It seems to me like they would need to be positives, so they can activate the lock/unlock switches. I have an aftermarket keyless entry on my wagon and if I wasn't recovering from Hurricane Rita, I'd go tear out the panels so I could tell you exactly what to do, but I'm still trying to get stuff straight.

My Garage
Freshmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 16:32   #3 (permalink)

I am positive, I used a test light to test all the connections. Someone told me I need to buy a relay to install this keyless entry unit, but I dont know. I know I my Accord that I drive, when I had a keyless unit installed, they didnt need an extra relay or anything.
Old 09-24-2005, 17:34   #4 (permalink)
That guy

Relays are used for remote start. One the driverside right by the E-brake theres a panel. Your 2 wires are there. If I'm right its a yellow and purple wire. When not in use the wires are negative, when activated the wires go positive to lock or unlock the doors. Make sure there the right wires. What keyless entry system did you get?

BlueSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 19:04   #5 (permalink)

If there any way you could get me any pics or something of the wires and their location? It would be much appreciated. I dont know what system it is, all I know it is the basic of the basic, and some company "omega" makes it...

http://www.caralarm.com/consumerMain.html

So, all you are saying is that I find these 2 wires in this pannel by the e-brake, and run to them the 2 remaining - signal wires from the unit, and it should work?

Thanks guys, my 8 week old son and my fiance appreciate it. Any further pics or info would be great!
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71