Air Bag Fault 1990 MGM - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2009, 09:21   #1 (permalink)

Air Bag Fault 1990 MGM

Hello, I'm "restoring" a 1990 Mercury Grand Marquis that I got for free with 21k and no leaks. Right now I'm working on two issues. One is an air bag fault and another is a check engine light. This thread is specifically about the air bag fault. It came out as Air bag fault 33. It seems to be related to pin 7 in the Air Bag Diagnostic Monitor. But I have NO IDEA where that is. So can someone tell me where to find the diagnostic monitor to fix the problem? Thank you.
monark is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2009, 09:30   #2 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Re: Air Bag Fault 1990 MGM

All of my manuals are for 92 and up. Do you have a Haynes manual? With what you're doing it may help with that and whatever else may come up. Someone else amy have an idea. Steve83 is familiar with the older CVs and will probably post on your problem.
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 10:26   #3 (permalink)

Thanks. I've been reading and might just pick up a haynes manual. Also does anyone know where I can order a code scanner for this car online? I went a bunch of places in person and they're all out.
Old 09-12-2009, 15:19   #4 (permalink)

So I picked up a code reader for the check engine light. It comes up as 000. Is that an error? The book that came with the code scanner didn't have an option for 000. Does this mean it has a check engine light for no reason? How do I make it go away then?
Old 09-12-2009, 16:51   #5 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

I never heard of a code like that. If there's a number to call to the company that made it, maybe they can tell you if there's a fault in the scanner. Can you do a key on engine off and key on engine running test?
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 23:16   #6 (permalink)

I'm sure I could it just a pain to do these tests since the battery doesn't hold a charge anymore I always need to jump it to get it started. But yeah I'll look into that. I just did the simple instructions in the book. The book said plug it in, put the car to the on postion, then turn on the scanner and press test. It started at 000 and then flashed 000 after the car made a few noises. Maybe it's because the car didn't have enough power to start it so maybe it didn't have enough power for the test. Although, all the lights and electronic things seemed to work. I'll give it another whirl tomorrow, hopefully.
Old 09-19-2009, 16:26   #7 (permalink)

Check Engine code came out to code 63. Low voltage at throttle position sensor. How do I fix that? Does it need to be the replaced or does the problem come from deeper within.
Old 09-24-2009, 07:34   #8 (permalink)

I replaced the TPS and the Check Engine light. However, I still want to know where the air bag diagnostic monitor is so I can reconnect the issue at pin 7. Or find out if I need a brand new diagnostic monitor.

I heard in the 93 GM that it is above the glove box, but my car is a box. So IDK if it applies the same way.
Old 09-26-2009, 10:06   #9 (permalink)

I found the diagnostic monitor, and well. It's done for. Does anyone know how to make the air bag light on the dash stop flashing so the damn car can pass inspection. I need it to come on when the key is in the on position but then go away when the car is started. Ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71