Anybody ever wired a 6outlet/90watt hide-a-way strobe pack could use tips/help - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2014, 10:51   #1 (permalink)

Question Anybody ever wired a 6outlet/90watt hide-a-way strobe pack could use tips/help

I am wiring up a Lightning by FSO 6 by 90watt strobe pack to the
hide- a -way bulbs the previous owner left in the light housings...
I think I was ebayed a DOA strobe supply... or I am doing something wrong....

I have new wire with inline fuse(good) to new switch, off switch to trunk to red power wire and grounded black wire on supply plug and it is plugged in...( test light confirms I have power)

not using the hi/lo power wire... fuse on strobe pack is good

the flash pattern wire is left alone for now... and I have good power to the 2 other wires on the control plug

all 4 bulbs are plugged in to outets 1-4 previous owner had the 3rd wire, on the bulb runs, all hooked together and a wire coming off them has a ring connector on the end and he told me that goes to ground also....

I get nothing when I flip the switch....???????????

Anybody have experience with this or are good at electrical????
Truckie256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2014, 11:28   #2 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Re: Anybody ever wired a 6outlet/90watt hide-a-way strobe pack could use tips/help

I've wired MANY of them. If it's wired properly, the unit is bad. Haven't had any go bad in our police cars. Here's the manual for it. http://www.whelen.com/_AUTOMOTIVE/install/135/13583.pdf
Old 03-30-2014, 15:29   #3 (permalink)

Re: Anybody ever wired a 6outlet/90watt hide-a-way strobe pack could use tips/help

Thanks bert,

that is the manual I was using.....

I have spent all day on it... and finally figured out that ports 1&2 must be bad. I had rear strobes all the sudden.. didn't really do anything different... but front not working.... so I moved all plugs to 3,4,5 &6 and all four work now...

was hoping to use 1&2 in the rear and add strobes in the reverse lights and have 2 different patterns back there... but hey for a total cost of $20 I will stick with just the 4 lights.. in my $3300 car

I will only ever use them if I breakdown on the road for safety or if I come across an accident while OFF duty so I don't get run over while helping injured....

I also got my scanner and speaker set up in the console... so I can keep up with the calls the companies are running and even get a jump on knowing when they need somebody for overtime
Truckie256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71