Here is the TIP
If you are complaining that you have no temperature control (with or without a "clicking" sound behind the glove box area) and suspecting temperature blend door actuator you would need to do a:
Electronic Automatic Temperature Control (EATC) Module SELF-TEST
- The EATC module SELF-TEST will not detect concerns associated with data link messages like engine coolant temperature or vehicle speed signals. A scan tool must be used to retrieve these concerns.
- The EATC module SELF-TEST will detect concerns in the system control functions and will display hard diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) in addition to intermittent diagnostic trouble codes for concerns that occur during system operation. The vehicle interior temperature should be between 4º-32ºC (40-90ºF) when carrying out the self-test. If the temperatures are not within the specified ranges, false in-car temperature sensor DTCs will be displayed.
- The SELF-TEST can be initiated at any time. Normal operation of the system stops when the self-test is activated.
- To enter the SELF-TEST, press the OFF
buttons simultaneously and then press the AUTOMATIC
button within two seconds. The display will show a pulse tracer going around the center of the display window. The test may run as long as 30 seconds. Record all DTCs displayed.
For example, in case when I had faulty A/C Blend Door Actuator I had 024
- To exit the SELF-TEST and clear all DTCs, press the DEFROST button. The vacuum fluorescent display window will show 888 and all function symbols for one second. Then, the EATC control assembly will turn OFF (display blank) and all DTCs will be cleared.
- Always exit the SELF-TEST before powering the system down (system turned OFF).
When I replaced the faulty Actuator with new one I just did the SELF-TEST one more time. This time I had NO codes but all function symbols displayed at once indicating that I dont have any problem.
I also looked at the Actuator with flash light through glove box and that white tip was slowly moving as I changed temperature.
Good luck to you all,
PS. Btw, if some of you (NY or NJ) have similar problem like I had and dont know how to hanlde it I will be more than glad to come to your place and help you out