Best replacement wiper blades? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2011, 06:56   #1 (permalink)

Question Best replacement wiper blades?

What are other people using for replacement windshield wiper blades? I've been using trico neoform beam blades for years and they're awesome but before I go out and buy more neoforms, was wondering if there was anything brand new out there in the last year that are notable and I should take a look at? I gotta buy new wipers for all 4 vehicles before winter!!
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2011, 08:46   #2 (permalink)
Moderators

Re: Best replacement wiper blades?

If , as you say , the trico blades are awesome , stick with them . I have often thought " they look good " and tried them , before reverting to the ones I had before .
R.S.LOGAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 20:36   #3 (permalink)

I have always used plain old Anco blades. They are inexpensive. Even the high priced ones only last about 6 months and they don't wipe worth a kiss your butt. I had a few sets of the beam blades, and I always go back to plain old Anco's - they just work.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:23   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff618 View Post
What are other people using for replacement windshield wiper blades? I've been using trico neoform beam blades for years and they're awesome but before I go out and buy more neoforms, was wondering if there was anything brand new out there in the last year that are notable and I should take a look at? I gotta buy new wipers for all 4 vehicles before winter!!
I have also used Trico Neo-form on my cars for years...and just loved them...they seem to conform to the windshield very well...I say stick with them...
Old 02-10-2012, 07:12   #5 (permalink)

I haven't tried Trico Neoforms; will look at them next time. I have tried the Rainex Latitude and Bosch Icon single beams and of those two the Bosch Icons performed better at highway speeds in cold weather and lasted longer (2 years) for me.

The old style blades aren't worth buying in my opinion.
Den49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 18:26   #6 (permalink)

Honestly, the last 5 pair of blades I've bought(over the past 5 years) have been $3 cheapo's from the dollar store, and in my opinion they work just as good as the anco brand. I drive an average of 10-12k miles a year, and only replace them once a year, and most of the time they aren't worn too bad when I do change them. I used to get the RainX brand, which were nice, but expensive.
00Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 20:45   #7 (permalink)

I think this is a matter of preference. Wiper blades generally cost less than $20 and should be replaced about twice a year anyway as rubber does not fair well in the elements.
I personally have always used the Michelin brand or Anco and have never had any wiper problems worth really complaining about.
I DO recommend and use the ORIGINAL Rain-x and love the stuff. You will use your blades less often in light rain, etc...and it seems to help the blades last a bit longer. I use it on the exteriors of all glass and it works wonders.
On the downside, their washer fluid does not offer the same water-proofing and is basically just a high-priced gimmick in my honest opinion. The original is still the best...use it.
tonyb1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 23:21   #8 (permalink)

Trico actually has a newer blade out (Well, I've never seen it before anyway) Its Called the Trico Flex. It looks Identical to the Neoforms. Only real difference I noticed was it didn't have the teflon in the blades... Oh and they are 4-5 bucks cheaper EACH!!! I just put them on my Vic a week ago, and so far they are awesome. I just can't tell you any long term results at this point.
Quasar3210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 11:18   #9 (permalink)
canuck

I get the $5 steel blades. On occasion I'll get others if the price is right but with snow and the like here it's best to have a tall blade to help push any accumulation off the window. Otherwise, you buy what you like as all blades function similarly.
'99 Taurus 3.0L 2V Vulcan 145hp; 154,300m - Traded
Amsoil in all vehicles!
360ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 05:24   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasar3210 View Post
Trico actually has a newer blade out (Well, I've never seen it before anyway) Its Called the Trico Flex. It looks Identical to the Neoforms. Only real difference I noticed was it didn't have the teflon in the blades... Oh and they are 4-5 bucks cheaper EACH!!! I just put them on my Vic a week ago, and so far they are awesome. I just can't tell you any long term results at this point.
I'm running both trico neoforms and flex on my two vehicles. The neoforms are definitely worth the extra money and although I was skeptical of the teflon sales pitch, I have to say the neoforms are smoother and quieter. The flex (I actually have the techs which are the same thing with a different name) are very good wipers too...just not as smooth and quiet as the neoforms - better than other wipers I've tried but not as good as the neoforms. One other big difference is that the tech/flex have the snap on adapter system which again is much better than any other snap on adapter I've tried, however the neoforms are direct connect without snapon adapters. I think both are well worth what you pay for them...I think it depends on how anal you are about it. I will convert to the neoforms on all my vehicles eventually.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71