Blower fan intermittently working - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2006, 06:51   #1 (permalink)

confused Blower fan intermittently working

Any advice would be appreciated. I've had my 2002 Crown Vic LX Sport (60k mi) in the shop 4 times to get a problem with the blower motor corrected. No luck yet. The problem is that it works sporadically - typically doesn't work on the coldest days so getting to work can be an adventure. Initially, the mechanic replaced the blower motor and fan worked fine for about 4 months - then stopped again. Next time, the mechanic again replaced the blower motor again and reportedly tightened the electrical connection. Worked perfect for about 8 months. The third time in the shop, the mechanic wired the blower directly to the battery and it worked fine so he knew it wasn't the blower motor. He checked electrical continuity through the dash and said it was okay. He thought there could be a loose ground wire along the main branch of wires??? While it was in the shop, the fan started working again so he couldn't diagnose a problem. The fan has worked for about 2 weeks, but went out this morning. I'm not the most mechanically inclined, so I need your help on this. Mechanic is stumped and so am I. Any thoughts would be GREATLY appreciated.

Dege
Dege-k is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2006, 17:35   #2 (permalink)
Always the student

Re: Blower fan intermittently working

Sounds like the blower resistor, or a bad connection at the resistor. You could try 'wiggling' the wires on the resistor and see if it comes on.
thefonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 22:20   #3 (permalink)
Police Officer/Rescue Tec

Yep,the resistor is most likely your problem. I've been through that mess too!
ryoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 05:26   #4 (permalink)

Thanks for your quick response on this issue fonz and ryoder. It was 22 degrees this morning so needless to say, i've got to get this fixed quick!
Dege-k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 13:29   #5 (permalink)

Where is the resistor located, at least on a 2000 Grand Marquis? I am having similar problems.

Thanks!
elvisboy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71