Blower motor - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2009, 14:32   #1 (permalink)

Blower motor

1990 - M. G. M.

All suggestions are greatly appreciated.

My blower motor does not put out the air that it should and since I have already replaced it twice I am looking for answers or suggestions. Vacume system has been checked and no leaks found all actuators move as they should, Resistor has been replaced. I can hear the blower motor change speeds when I move the selector from low to high. Barley any air coming out the vents and defrost, more air coming out the floor than the vents or defrost. Still not near as much as their should be. When selector is on high air coming out is like on low at floor and less above.

I just checked the voltage to the blower motor and recorded the following readings. This was checked with the engine running ( incase that makes a difference)

Low - 6.7 v
2 - 8.5 v
3 - 12 v
High 14 v

Thanks for your suggestions
dannyda is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2009, 21:28   #2 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Re: Blower motor

Does it switch from heat to vents and the air changes in response?
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 09:36   #3 (permalink)

Yes it does. Everything works execpt the amout of air coming out.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:38   #4 (permalink)

Mainly looking to make sure I have the right voltage at all fan settings, before trying a 3rd motor.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:43   #5 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

One thing for sure is the voltage on high is correct. It should be battery voltage and as fast as the blower can run. You may have a flap somewhere not moving. Does REC or Max run any different from regular?
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 16:41   #6 (permalink)

Doesn'tmatter if I have A/c or heat on. Same thing happens. I thought 14 was high also for on high speed setting. Looks like I possibly recieved a second bad blower motor.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:56   #7 (permalink)

This is really old thread but just in case it might help someone: I had same problem with a pickup, never had decent air flow since I bought it, I mean for years I messed with this. Turned out someone had replaced blower motor at some point with a universal and had reversed power and ground wires. Motor turns backward but a squirrel cage fan will still blow air in the same direction but with much reduced efficiency. Cooked me out afterwards.
Ford User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 22:46   #8 (permalink)
Pantherholic

Garage

issue this would have been was the door that allows it to move to areas was broke... the door breaks on the hinge and doesnt move correctly... i reached from under my dash thru vent in center and broke door rest of way to stop restricting the air from defrost

my 1986 Grand Marquis LS... Rose...
87_Crown_Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71