Brake Master Cylinder - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2005, 13:28   #1 (permalink)
94 Marquis

Brake Master Cylinder

Hey,

Gotta sec, cause I gotta nice story?!

As I was pulling onto a very busy highway and coming to a stop, I press my brakes to slow down. As I was pushing on my brakes, I realized that the brakes were already pushed to the floor. I had no brakes, they failed, and I almost caused a major accident scene.

I drove it to my mechanic using my ebrake as a regular brake (you give that a try on ur own and tell me how you like it) and he told me that my master brake cylinder went bad.

I have a 1994 MGM, anyone ever heard of this happened before. Just happened out of the blue, and its only got 50,254 miles on it.

Its costing me $200 to replace it, was I ripped off?
SiZzOuRcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2005, 15:12   #2 (permalink)
94 Marquis

Re: Brake Master Cylinder

Update: I went back and now they are saying that the booster is broken now. Another $120 f-ing dollars. Never going back to them again. The brakes are rock solid. Don't understand it.
Old 08-03-2005, 20:49   #3 (permalink)
That guy

Well, as for the master cylender, yes, I've replaced 4 of them for freinds, 93, 94, and 2 95s with 4.6s and ABS. $200 is a good price, new ones are $100 or so. As for the booster, I have not had to replace one of those, and $150 for a booster replace is a real good price, there a real pain in the butt.

Also, its a good idea to go with new when it comes to brakes, I say that because of the people that go to junkyards for brake parts, why I don't like those people, the stories I hear of people getting killed cause a used brake part failed. People with used tires is bad enough.

BlueSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 10:19   #4 (permalink)
94 Marquis

Ok, nice nice, I have one more question. I know for a fact that I have a bad ABS sensor, but I don't know where, Ill figure that out later, but if I were to order a new sensor, is it easy to reinstall and where would I buy one?
Old 08-04-2005, 10:56   #5 (permalink)
That guy

Well, if your talking the speed sensor for the wheel, its a pain. As for getting one, murrays, autozone, advanced auto, pep boys are places around here I got prices from for a 95 T-bird rear abs, it was $45 cheapest for the car. You have to pull the wheel, rotor, caliper, back plate, and some times the dust sheild. But I never got to do the job, the car got T-boned in the passenger side 2 days before he was supose to come in, it was the other drivers fault, didn't yeild.

Old 08-04-2005, 15:15   #6 (permalink)
94 Marquis

Ok, well screw that idea then. But at least that guy didn't have to pay for the ABS. I got some other problems, but Ill post them in a new thread.
Old 08-04-2005, 16:14   #7 (permalink)
That guy

No, he still paid, why you think he was out that day? He was getting the part. He would have returned it, but it got crushed in the accident. This guy just has bad luck, crashed his other 94 TB and before that his 84 ranger. But hes a good guy to get wrecks from :)

Old 08-05-2005, 21:14   #8 (permalink)
94 Marquis

Ouch, I was out doing a little dragging with some friends, when someone pulled in front of me, I slammed the brakes, they locked and I skidded. It was the best feeling ever; darting towards a buick full of old people with my tires screeching all the way. No accident tho, they caught just in time, but it was still fun. I have no ABS for some reason, can't figure out why, the computer ain't telling me shit, so I can't figure out why they aren't working. I get codes 625 and 334 or something. Weird.
Old 08-05-2005, 21:31   #9 (permalink)
That guy

Thats why I ran at airports. I mean, um, *ahem* I don't drag :)

Old 08-06-2005, 13:53   #10 (permalink)
94 Marquis

If there were any places to drag, I would be there, but I can't find any.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71