Common Problems with 98-0? Crown Vic/Marquis/CVPI - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2006, 07:54   #1 (permalink)

roll Common Problems with 98-0? Crown Vic/Marquis/CVPI

Hey. Just wondering if anyone wants to get a list of common problems and fixes on one thread here. I don't think there is one yet.

Thanks,
TJ
cooktimj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2006, 08:13   #2 (permalink)

Re: Common Problems with 98-0? Crown Vic/Marquis/CVPI

I would certainly include the plastic intake manifold problem in that list. As for a fix, the link below is the best I know of...

Autoclinix.com: Ford/Lincoln/Mercury Intake Manifold Repair

Blowing out spark plugs is another common problem w/ the 4.6L. Thankfully I haven't experienced that one. Here's a link to a fix for that problem...

++ TIME-SERT MANUFACTURER KITS - FORD ++ Spark plug ejection problem blow out blow outs, blown out spark plugs, ford blown out spark plugs blow out,
sheebeehuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 10:36   #3 (permalink)
Ford Fan

I have a 2000 Grand Marquis and this thread seems like an excellent idea. Unfortunately I have not owned my car long enough to have a problem so I can not add anything to this thread.
Rocky Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 11:25   #4 (permalink)

While we're on the subject of common problems and fixes you might also want to include some common repair and upgrade items for our cars as well. Such as...

Front brakes...
Autoclinix.com - Ford Crown Victoria / Mercury Grand Marquis Front Brake Rebuild Instructions

Tie Rods
Autoclinix.com - Ford Crown Victoria / Mercury Grand Marquis Toe Rods Replacement Instructions

Front speakers...
Autoclinix.com - Ford Crown Victoria / Mercury Grand Marquis Rear Speaker Installation Instructions

Rear speakers...
Autoclinix.com - Ford Crown Victoria / Mercury Grand Marquis Rear Speaker Installation Instructions
sheebeehuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 09:45   #5 (permalink)

I need help with locating the IAC on my 94 Mercury Grand Marquis.
Just bought it yesterday and I changed the oil and plugs and sprayed some Throttlebody cleaner in the Throttlebody and now the darn thing wont idle. It starts and immediatly stalls out. Please HELP
Tom1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71