Converting 07 Marquis into Marauder - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2010, 16:54   #1 (permalink)

Converting 07 Marquis into Marauder

Hi all,

I have a 2007 Mercury Grand Marquis. I have made a few modifications to it (sound system, added a spoiler, tinted the windows, etc...)

Now I am looking to change the wheels, I am very interested in adding some 03-04 Mercury Marauder wheels to my Grand Marquis. Is this possible, will they fit?

Also I am looking to change the Marquis front grill. Will the Mercury Marauder grill fit? If so, how challenging is the job to change out the grills?

Thanking you in advance
King2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2010, 10:31   #2 (permalink)

Re: Converting 07 Marquis into Marauder

It's my understanding the Marauder wheels have a strange offset, I'm not sure what it is offhand. You may want to ask over at MercuryMarauder.net, somebody there should be able to help you.

-James
stanchfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 16:21   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanchfi View Post
It's my understanding the Marauder wheels have a strange offset, I'm not sure what it is offhand. You may want to ask over at MercuryMarauder.net, somebody there should be able to help you.

-James
Thank you, James!
Old 03-12-2010, 16:28   #4 (permalink)

The murauder wheels are a direct bolt on .As for the grill you will need the header panal and front bumper to make it work on your car.Just paint your grill body colour and it will look almost the same.
Stick462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 16:50   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stick462 View Post
The murauder wheels are a direct bolt on .As for the grill you will need the header panal and front bumper to make it work on your car.Just paint your grill body colour and it will look almost the same.

I appreciate the reply. But excuse my ignorance, what exactly do you mean by the Marauder wheels bolt on? Does that mean they will fit?
Old 05-23-2010, 22:26   #6 (permalink)

I put the Marauder kit on my 98 Grand Marquis. Had to change the fenders, header panel, grille and lights.

I didn't go with the Marauder rims. I went for the chrome bullitt mustang rims. I heared that u do need a spacer to use the Marauder rims. Not sure if that was jus limited to my year car.
GrandCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 06:59   #7 (permalink)

I think that the offset changed in '03 when they revised the suspension. Therefor you would need a spacer to put '03+ wheels onto an -'03.

The grill and header panel changed quite a bit in '06, so if you want a true Marauder look, you could either get the header-panel grill (maybe lights not sure) from a Marauder or an '03-'05 Grand Marquis. They are pretty much the same if you paint the marquis grill body-color.

The Marauder bumpers are different than the Marquis' bumpers so you'll want to get those too. Along with the unique Marauder exhaust tips, there are a couple companies that sell replicas. Megs, the company that made the originals, is supposedly going to make them again, available to the aftermarket. Of course Ebay has them occasionally.

1996 Mercury Grand Marquis GS ~89,000mi, Willow Green inside and out. It's very green.
1998 Chevrolet Malibu Base V6 187,000mi (sold)
BigMerc96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71