Cooling system question - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2007, 07:06   #1 (permalink)

Question Cooling system question

Hey folks. I have a 2000 police with a PI intake manifold that was replaced at a dealer for warranty intake failure issue. Since they replaced it I've been getting a trouble code indicating failure in my coolant temp. sensor - not the sending unit (gauge.)

Initially I replaced the sending unit but that did not clear up the issue.

I had read my manuals (haynes and chiltons) and both said that there should be 2 temp sensors on the intake manifold. The sending unit on the passenger side and the sensor for PCM on the passenger side near thermostat, with a harness in close proximity.

Well, all that is on my thermostat side is a bolt filling the exact size hole for the temp sensor. There is also no harness.

I was wondering if anyone knew where this harness might be or perhaps someone could take a close picture of their intake manifold and post it? Not to sound paranoid but the local dealer who did the work was visibly upset that he had to do this work for free... I Think they may have either forgotten the sensor or clipped the harness and purposely rigged it to make money off of me. (The harness is not there anymore.) OR I could be totally wrong and it may have never been there in the first place... thats the problem, i don't remember.

The sensor / tstat on the fan are in working order but the fans isn't going on and i can hotwire the fan and it turns on. I checked the fuses and relay but they both are within fords operating range for resistance and volts.

I do have some after market parts, (heads and cam/gears) and I don't remember anything about the sensor placement when i took the manifold off to put the heads on... however these were put on right after I got the intake manifold replaced and before the check light came one.

If anyone could help me out that would be great. I don't feel like paying to have a dealer look at it, I hate dealers and unfortunately there aren't any big independent ford shops around here.
mjsmith939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71