Crown Vic wheels size? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2006, 18:33   #1 (permalink)

Crown Vic wheels size?

I just became the proud new owner of a 1994 Crown Victoria LX it currently has the stock 15's wheels on there I wanna get some wider tires anyone know what would be the biggest size tire i can fit, thanks.
CrownVic94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2006, 21:23   #2 (permalink)

Re: Crown Vic wheels size?

Anyone?
CrownVic94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 21:54   #3 (permalink)

My 94 LX came with 225/60R16"s. 1010 tires has a tire size caclulator that might help.
SeaBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 01:44   #4 (permalink)
Police Officer/Rescue Tec

I run 235/70/15's and have plenty of room left. I know you can run at least that.
ryoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 15:36   #5 (permalink)
Ford Fan

I would like to revisit this question. I have a 2000 Grand Marquis and I am thinking about putting on:
255/50 R 16 rear
245/50 R 16 front

The wheels are 16 X 7 inch. How does this sound in the wheel wells/ I think I will have plenty of room. Anybody have any opinions or experience?
Rocky Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 04:36   #6 (permalink)
Ford Fan

Since nobody had any info that they could share on this subject I went ahead and made my purchase anyway. I bought some new chrome wheels for my 2000 Grand Marquis but I stayed with the factory size tire; 225/60/16/ I really wanted a wider tirer with a lower profile, but nobody here seemed to offer any suggestions to help.
Old 11-26-2006, 20:12   #7 (permalink)
Police Officer/Rescue Tec

Sorry, I haven't seen the post. Since you got the new wheels you can still get wider tires.They just have to be the 16". you can get a 50 or 40 series tire that will fit those wheels and they'll be much wider
ryoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 02:39   #8 (permalink)
Ford Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryoder
Sorry, I haven't seen the post. Since you got the new wheels you can still get wider tires.They just have to be the 16". you can get a 50 or 40 series tire that will fit those wheels and they'll be much wider

Thank you but it is too late, I made my buying decision. I went for after market chrome wheels instead of original equipment alloys because of price. I got a complete set of chrome Cobra Mustang wheels, with the Cobra in the center hub, for less than $600, anywhere I looked the original alloys for a Grand Marquis were at least $800. I am on a budget. My new tires are Dunlop Sport tires that are highly rated for traction in wet and dry.
Old 11-28-2006, 02:41   #9 (permalink)
Ford Fan

I might add that I bought my wheels and tires online and the whole set with real nice tires and everything mounted and balenced and delivered to the door was only about $1,000. A very good deal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71