Ford Forums banner

Crown Victoria Brake Pedal Issue

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Bert 
#1 ·
Hey, I have a quick question for all of you!

I have a 2004 Crown Victoria LX Sport that I bought about a year ago. I recently had to step on the brake pedal pretty hard to stop for a stop light that changed suddenly in front of me. After I did that, the brake pedal did not feel hard any more while stopping. Whenever I use to brake, the pedal would drop about two inches and become rock solid, stopping the car very nicely.

Now when I step on the pedal, the pedal goes down about three to three and a half inches and never gets hard anymore. The pedal feels better if I pump it while coming to a stop but never gets back to the normal feeling like I had before.

Could my problem be a blown master cylinder seal? A rubber brake line expanding?

Also whenever I release the pedal after coming to a stop, I hear a clunking noise from under the dash or by the firewall. Is there some kind of a cylinder or component attached to the actual brake pedal that could be damaged?

Any help you be great! Thanks for helping a new member!

J :driver:

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.