Crown victoria P71 use it or lose it? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2012, 10:13   #1 (permalink)

Crown victoria P71 use it or lose it?

Was having a debate with my Grandfather on whether or not purchasing a crown victoria p71 to go to and from work would be a good idea.

His claim was that these cars were meant to be driven and exceed in long durations of being in the road rather than mild use, which is completely right.

He claimed that if the vehicle isn't driven properly it would seize up. How would this be different from any other car with 4/6/8/12 cylinders and would this actually happen?
Zoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2012, 15:27   #2 (permalink)
Moderators

Re: Crown victoria P71 use it or lose it?

P71's were designed to be driven 24/7 and sustain the abuse of police work, but they will last longer when used "normally" and absolutely will not seize up due to mild use. Tell your Grandfather, respectfully, that police cars are driven slowly while on routine patrol, which is 95% of the time. Those wild pursuits are few, even in Los Angeles, where I worked for 31 years.
Bajarider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 16:32   #3 (permalink)
Dazed and Confused

Re: Crown victoria P71 use it or lose it?

As with any machinery, as long as an automobile is ran within it's designed limits and not continuously pushed to the outer edge of those limits, and maintained properly, it should last years. Moving parts ARE designed to move, if left at rest for extended periods of time, they may incur problems. An automobile designed for public streets, regardless of whether it's a police cruiser, taxi, or kid chaser, will last for years driving at street speed limits, providing it's maintained.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71