Does anyone know where the computer module is with the keyless entry code? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2006, 14:20   #1 (permalink)

Does anyone know where the computer module is with the keyless entry code?

I have a 2005 Grand Marquis and I am trying to find the computer module or RAF that is supposed to have the factory set keyless entry code printed on it. Does anyone know where it is?
LEADWORKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2006, 22:37   #2 (permalink)

Re: Does anyone know where the computer module is with the keyless entry code?

I don't know where it is, but I'm guessing you are looking to have it re-programmed because you don't know the codes to lock the doors, etc?

Not sure if this will be of any use to you or not, but there's someone on e-bay who advertizes that he sells instructions for reprogramming this. Apparently you don't need to know any codes, you don't require tools, etc. Not sure if it's a scam, but he was selling these "instructions" for under $10.

Not sure if any of this information is helpful to you...just a shot in the dark.
Lambykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 07:15   #3 (permalink)

thanks for the tip Lambykin. Luckily, my wife just found the code, it was on a sticker in the owners manual. My wife thinks she's so smart.
LEADWORKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 10:25   #4 (permalink)

You're welcome. I'm not going to comment on the wife business... :-)
Lambykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 13:17   #5 (permalink)

FYI - In older (90's) GM's the module was in the trunk.
greenmerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 16:50   #6 (permalink)

Where can I find mine(module or code)? I don't have a owner's manual.
Marquis01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 18:03   #7 (permalink)
Always the student

I don't know what year they stopped putting them in plain sight, but the code used to be in the trunk, on the support arm for the trunk lid. It will be a five digit number.
thefonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 18:18   #8 (permalink)

hello everybody i have a '03 grand marquis, ls premium, 4.6 and white if color makes a difference, lol. i am lookin for the keypad code, i have read all of these and been hunting on my car for about 5 and a half hours, i have checked the trunk hinges on both sides, i have looked at the electronic boxes in the truck fuel and so on, i have held the two boxes under the driver side of the car, one to the left of the brake pedal( raw metal finish on it) and the black box in between the stering column and the radio. i have also looked ant all the wires under dash and kick panels left and right. and the black box behind the glove box. i have also check under the hood, and one web site can't remember which, (it's been alot) said behind door panels, i have looked in all these places, and i have found nothing, frustatin to say the least, does anybody know exactly were it is for sure, and has seen it with their own eyes, not tryin to be upset, just curious, if you could email me, ruffkustomz1@yahoo.com , it would be greatly
appreciated, in the mean time i am gonna make a few phone calls to some friends and if i find out were it is i will deffinatly post it.

p.s. sorry for the spelling, and please help me.
jbulkley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 12:35   #9 (permalink)

The module is behind the drivers door panel bottom front. The 5 digit number for the entry is on a sticker on the module. Module is black and about 6" x 6" x 1" once you have door panel off no way not to see it.
prt123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 21:06   #10 (permalink)

These are instructions for my Explorer. They may work.

Now that you’ve got the code I’ll tell you how to use the Keyless entry and set-up your own code.Make sure when pressing the controls on the keyless entry keypad you press the middle of the buttons to ensure good contact with the controls.
Programming your own personal entry code
1. Enter the factory-set code (keypad will illuminate when first digit is pressed).
2. Press the 1/2 control within five seconds of step 1.
3. Enter your personal 5-digit code. Enter each digit within five seconds of the previous one.
Your personal code does not replace the factory-set code. You can use either code to unlock your vehicle. Each time you set a new personal code the module will erase the previous one in favor of the new code. The factory-set code can not be erased.
Erasing your own personal code or a prior owners code and leaving only the factory-set code
1. Enter the factory-set code.
2. Press the 1/2 control within five seconds of step one 1.
3. Press the 7/8 and 9/0 controls at the same time within five seconds of step two.
The system will now only respond to the factory-set code.
Unlocking the doors with the Keyless Entry System
1. Enter either the factory-set code or the personal code (Each digit must be pressed within five seconds of the prior digit). The interior lights will illuminate as soon as the first valid digit is pressed.
2. To unlock all the doors, enter the factory set code or a personal code and press the 3/4 control within five seconds of the [COLOR=green ! important][COLOR=green ! important]drivers [COLOR=green ! important]door[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] unlocking.
Locking the doors wit the Keyless Entry System
1. Press 7/8 and 9/0 controls at the same time. The 5-digit code does not have to be entered to lock the doors.
Deactivating/Activating Auto-lock
1. Enter the five 5-digit code.
2. Press and hold 7/8 control.
3. Press and release 3/4 control while holding 7/8 control.
4. Release 7/8 control.
The horn will chirp once if auto-lock was deactivated or twice if auto-lock was activated.
To program the hand held remotes:
Unlock all doors using the power door lock/unlock control. Insert a key and turn the ignition from the 1 (OFF/LOCK) to the 3 (ON) position and cycle between 1 (OFF/LOCK) and 3 (ON) eight times in rapid succession (within 10 seconds) with the eighth turn ending in the 3 (ON) position. The locks will cycle to confirm that the programming mode has been entered. Within 20 seconds, program a remote transmitter by pressing any button on a transmitter. The locks will cycle once to confirm that the remote transmitter has been programmed. (If more than 20 seconds pass before pressing a remote transmitter button, the programming mode will exit and the procedure will have to be repeated.) Repeat the previous step to program additional remote transmitters. NOTE: All fobs must be programmed on the same time for all fobs to work. The locks will cycle once to confirm that each remote transmitter has been programmed. When you have completed programming the remote transmitters, turn the ignition to the 1 (OFF/LOCK) position or wait 20 seconds. Again the doors will lock/unlock to confirm programming has been completed.
Fifty150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71