Drlowmu - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2009, 23:00   #1 (permalink)

Question Monroe Shock Absorbers .... for a CVPI ?

Hello,

This is my first post.

Seven weeks ago I found and bought an ultra clean 1999 P71 with 125K on it. Its an impressive car, my first Ford and first CVPI, and I totally enjoy it.

I am contemplating putting Monroe 550010 (front) and Monroe 550011 (rear) Magnum series gas shocks on the vehicle.

Has anyone had experience with these shocks, or other Monroes, on a P71? How do the Monroe shocks compare, differ, and hold up to other choices that are popular... and also to the stock Ford shocks??

I wanted to retain a smooth ride, yet have control in the corners. I am hesitant to go to Bilsteins, despite their handling reputation, as I want to keep a decent ride, and not have the shocks "beat up" the car (and me).

An other alternative is Edelbrock IAS shocks with a rubber top bushing on the front shocks, at a premium price. However, in the past, on many other vehicles, I have always had fine results with Monroe.

Who has tried Monroes on CVPIs and what can you tell me ??

Thanks in advance!

Jeff Medwin

Last edited by drlowmu; 07-24-2009 at 23:56. Reason: Better title
drlowmu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71