engine check lite stays on - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2008, 16:41   #1 (permalink)

engine check lite stays on

This is what happened: A few years ago I was trying to take my battery cables off to clean them and found that they were rusted on. So I took my 1999 Crown Vic to the local ford dealer and they had one of their mechanics take them off and clean them. Ever since I have had several lites come on in the dash and one of those is the check engine lite, which stays on all the time. Another red lite comes on and off occasionally. But the car seems to run well and Ive put on maybe 50,000 miles at least with that check engine lite still on. I attributed it to the time of the cable cleaning. Since it runs well Ive just left it. Has that happened to anyone else? As if right now I had almost 223,000 miles on it.
lemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2008, 20:00   #2 (permalink)

Re: engine check lite stays on

omg that lite is there for a reason ! Not to just annoy you for the sake of annoying you...
Take it back to the stealership and have them "pull the codes". That will tell you what is wrong.. and they will then clear it ( turn it off )
EMTSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 12:15   #3 (permalink)

Re: engine check lite stays on

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMTSteve View Post
omg that lite is there for a reason ! Not to just annoy you for the sake of annoying you...
Take it back to the stealership and have them "pull the codes". That will tell you what is wrong.. and they will then clear it ( turn it off )
my point is that the check engine light came on when the battery lite came on at the time the cables were cleaned and put back on again. So something screwed up in the electrical circuit that caused the check engine lite to come on and the battery lite to come on and off again in an upredictable fashion. So I am going to pay big money to the stealership to have that fixed? The fact is that it runs good and has run good for maybe 60,000 to 80,000 miles with the check engine light on.
lemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71