Fair price for this 2004 Vic LX Sport? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2013, 13:09   #1 (permalink)

Fair price for this 2004 Vic LX Sport?

New to the forum here. I've always wanted a Crown Vic and now that I'm looking to buy my first car I'm thinking of making it happen. I've found one on craigslist and was hoping to crowd source that you guys think the price should be. Information -

2004 Vic LX Sport - Monochromatic Grey, center console, dual exhaust, + everything that comes with LX Sport
80,000 miles older guy who loves Vics traded in his old vic for this LX one, drove it for a bit and sadly got sick and passed away.
Seems to be in great condition. Sat under a car port and was driven once a week. Longest it sat undriven was 30 days. Was snowed on a few times.

Seems like I might have found myself a pretty good cherry that should take me to 200,000 miles or so? I'm going to have a mechanic do a full run through before purchasing.
Coldsnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2013, 13:15   #2 (permalink)
Moderators

Re: Fair price for this 2004 Vic LX Sport?

Welcome to the forums , sounds like a nice car .Good idea to get your mechanic to check it out first .
R.S.LOGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 13:24   #3 (permalink)

Oh price we were discussing was 5,200$. I've talked him down from $6,000. From my experience mechanics usually find something to give more ammo to talk people down on, even if its something small like it will need new wheels soon.

Vics sorta seem like a tricky car to price. You got the P71s that should be sold for dirt cheap because they are some hard driven cars. You've got some civilian ones with 100,000 + miles on it around the 3,000-5,000 price range. And you have the LX Sport which is rarer and can cost more or be about the same price.
Old 10-15-2013, 13:35   #4 (permalink)
Moderators

There should be some on later who are better qualified than I to value the car .
R.S.LOGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 19:24   #5 (permalink)

Okay, thank you.
Old 10-15-2013, 21:20   #6 (permalink)
Moderators

I own a charcoal grey/grey leather '05 Sport. I follow the prices closely; you have found an excellent buy! Does it have a factory sunroof?
Bajarider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 21:55   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajarider View Post
I own a charcoal grey/grey leather '05 Sport. I follow the prices closely; you have found an excellent buy! Does it have a factory sunroof?
That's what this is grey on grey, I think it's a pretty sharp package. You got a picture of yours? It does not have a factory sunroof. It does have the pinstripe, which is odd because some Lx Sports have it and some dont. I haven't figured out what exactly the stripe signifies. I'm glad to hear the price is good, if the car checks out with the mechanic I'll happily give him the money cash and know that I got the exact car I wanted. I'll be even happier though if I can get out with it for 4,800 or so
Old 10-16-2013, 08:53   #8 (permalink)
Moderators

I will take photos today. PM me with your e mail add. You will like the car!
Bajarider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:14   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajarider View Post
I will take photos today. PM me with your e mail add. You will like the car!
Me too, I'm a huge fan!

The 04 Sport shows two different mileage figures. on is 18/25 and the other is much lower. Is there any way to make sure you are buying the 18/24? In 05 it only shows the 18/25, so something changed.
ViMatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 10:26   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViMatson View Post
Me too, I'm a huge fan!

The 04 Sport shows two different mileage figures. on is 18/25 and the other is much lower. Is there any way to make sure you are buying the 18/24? In 05 it only shows the 18/25, so something changed.
Didn't '05 get the 80mm air intake, that might make economy better? There's a ton of scattered information about the differences between the models, so I might just be confused.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71