The fast CAR - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2003, 00:54   #1 (permalink)

The Fast CAR

I am planning to put a dual Carburetor and a nitro system, a better and bigger safer gastank, and weight reduction for my 1975 MERCURY GRAND MARQUIS.
I herd that this same car has passed 130mph all on arginal Stock, and I am also am planning to keep to arginal paint to confuse naked eye, BUT under the Hood their will a on unbelievable monstrosity Engine.
My car will be known as the sleeper.

Last edited by Batman518; 07-19-2003 at 01:49.
Batman518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2003, 06:06   #2 (permalink)

Building a "Sleeper" can be fun, but you might want to reconsider the dual carb's. They look neat but can be a real bear to set up and maintain. They kill any hope of milage and on a street car you might want to consider that. Instead of "Nitro" don't you mean "Nitrous".
Nitro is short for nitromethane, a very slow burning fuel, but give's you a lot of power if you have the ignition system to fire it, and it cost's on average of $35 a gallon.
"Nitrous" is short for nitrous oxide. This is an oxidizer. Which when added to another fuel can make a lot of added power, but be careful, if you don't know what your doing you can destroy an engine in the wink of an eye.
http://fordexp.freehomepage.com/photo3.html
big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 18:02   #3 (permalink)

I have been having second thoughts about installing the dual Carburetor in my car. I don't fully know how much extra gas will this mod will do.
Old 07-14-2003, 18:30   #4 (permalink)

My 1975 MERCURY GRAND MARQUIS is one heck of a tank, because their is plenty of room for all the things that I planning to put thier. Some of the things that I am planning to put in is my moded xbox with a couple of LCD screen from playing games to watching DVD movies. In my trunk I have more than enough room for my Sound system and for me to put Nitrous in their.

Last edited by Batman518; 07-14-2003 at 18:36.
Old 07-17-2003, 12:43   #5 (permalink)

Re: The fast CAR

Do you know what it take's to set up an engine to handle nitrous?
Old 07-18-2003, 03:25   #6 (permalink)

I think I do know what it might take to put nitrous in my car, so that is why I am planning to overhaul the Engine and the Transmissions before I plan to put any type of nitrous of any kind in my car.

Last edited by Batman518; 07-19-2003 at 01:47.
Old 07-18-2003, 04:12   #7 (permalink)

If your going to use more than a 75hp shot on the "Button" you'll need more than just an overhaul.
Old 07-19-2003, 00:50   #8 (permalink)

I also am planning to do allot more modes to my Big Block engine. Just in case I do some how might mess up this engine, I have a spare one on the side just in case if any thing was to happen.

Last edited by Batman518; 07-19-2003 at 01:25.
Old 07-19-2003, 01:05   #9 (permalink)

Hay big1 since I am barely starting out in making these modes to my car, and since I do not no that much out NOS, I think that it would be in good interest in my being to start out in a starters kit for my car before I fully learn about NOS, then I will gradually improve my Nitrous Oxide System in time before I get in to the real Heavy STUFF.
Old 07-19-2003, 01:20   #10 (permalink)

My 1975 MERCURY GRAND MARQUIS has been sitting in my driveway for about a good 11 year's or so, me and my pop have took the car out 2-3 times in the 11 year's. The car has about 350,000 orig. miles and needs a little work. My main problem with it is when I disconnect the battery from the car it turns off. We just put in a new alternator and fuse regulator in, so what might be the problem, I think that their might be a shortage some where under the hood.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71