First time in the snow with the crown vic - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2004, 19:35   #1 (permalink)

First time in the snow with the crown vic

today I took the crown vic out in the snow, and well... it was fun
earlier this year I put on p225 60 r16's on it with about 1/4 tread left, and in the snow they float on top and slide everywhere, but of course I was trying to slide everywhere.

suppose I could have chose thinner tires for the winter but what are ya gonna do, guess Ill have to drive my buick on snowy days
T_Juggalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2004, 09:47   #2 (permalink)

Re: First time in the snow with the crown vic

Good luck in the snow.
I usally put some cinderblocks in the trunk .
helps but not a whole lot
GMACK24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 13:36   #3 (permalink)
That guy

I put air shocks in the back and fill them up, helps allot. I also have nice Kelly Chargers but I just bought some agressive snow tires on another set of rims I got. So far I have 3 sets of tires for my Crown Vic. Summer/Spring/Fall (Kelly Charger 215-70-R15), Winter (Blizzak 225-65-R15 front and 235-65-R15 rear), and Dragster (Micky 185-55-R14 front and 240-55-R14 rear all low profile, almost scraps pavement). I have 5 sets for the Rancheros, and about 4 sets for the mudder Broncos, and 1 set for the 3/4 ton truck, and 1 set for the dump truck. Then I get into the other catagory :) ATVs, bikes, rocket car, and Crownco Custom :)

BlueSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 18:16   #4 (permalink)

I have Hankook snows on my 94 lx and have no problems. I think the traction control helps.
SeaBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71