Foggy Lights - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2002, 15:50   #1 (permalink)
Multi Car Owner

Foggy Lights

93 Marq.

Where could I find some head lights? Mine are soooo foggy its unsafe at night. What years are they interchangable with other Marqs/Vics?
Can I find them used? How hard is it to change them out?
I assume I need the complete assembly for each light?

Tim
Marqman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2002, 18:57   #2 (permalink)
Grand Muckety Muck

Yeah, you would need the whole light.

Is the plastic turning yellowish or is the inside of the light foggy? If it's the plastic turning yellow, you can rub that out with rubbing compound. It works pretty well.
Trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 04:23   #3 (permalink)
Multi Car Owner

I think it's more foggy the yellow. Are they easy to take out? Will they need to be re-aimed when I put new ones in?
Marqman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2002, 23:06   #4 (permalink)
Grand Muckety Muck

If you take them out, then yes you would have to re aim them when you put em back in.

But as I've always done it while the lens was on the car, I'm not sure how hard it would be to take the headlight assembly off.
Trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2002, 14:46   #5 (permalink)
helllllooooworllld

My dads 95 CV also has VERY VERY yellow lights. I have a lexus SC and in those u can take the whole light assem. out and bake it in the oven for a while and pull the plastic apart from the rest of everything and then clean the plastic to a nice clear peice. You could also polish the inside with a crome finish. I dont know if you can do that with the CVs. I hope so because those light suck. Yellow and dim as hell.
Jimmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2002, 10:33   #6 (permalink)
helllllooooworllld

biggrin

hey guys I was bored so I decided to clean the headlights on the CV since I gotta use it till I get my other car back. If you wanna clean them for under 10$ and under 10minutes than you can try this. I got some paper napkins (u'll need about 5 to 10 depending on how clean you want them), soft scrub WITH bleach, and 409 with orange action. I found these 2 cleaners to work the best for the cheapest price. You probably have these things laying around under the kitchen sink so take a look before u go out and buy them. The first thing you'll need to do is either clean the headlights with soap and water or just go right into it by putting soft scrub with bleach directly onto the plastic lens. Then let it sit for about 10second and start to move in circular patterns with a clean paper napkin. Make sure u scrub a lil hard to get all the dirt and bugs (if u have any on) off. Scrub until the soft scrub starts to turn froma paste into a crusty/dust form. Then get a new or find a clean dry part on that napkin and spray on 407 directly on the pastic but if ur too scared put a lot on the napkin and go in circles and clean off ALL the soft scrub so there is no foggy haze at all. you should be pretty amazed alright from the results. Then with a new dy napkin wipe off the 407 so it doesnt leave any hazy streaks. Thats key because if u dont wipe the 407 whiles its wet then it will dry and leave ugly streaks. If it does leave streaks just wipe the napkin with the 407 already on it and then wipe it off with a dry napkin again. Its a pretty simple step but it will leave ur light looking brand new. If someone dares to try this please do one headlight and leave the other untouched and take pictures. I forgot to. Show everyone else the huge difference. I thought it was a miricle to see that these headlights actually came in an almost clear plastic. I've always seen them all yellow and nasty. There is another much more complicated but definitily better way to clean these headlights. When I was cleaning them I saw that you can clean the inside too. If you guys want to know how leave a reply on this thread and I'll tell you. If no one wants to do it than I wont bother typing it all up. A lot of people with older Lexus' have done this and I am going try it after I get my car back too. So if anyone is seriously interested let me know and I'll leave a reply back so everyone can see how its done unless u guys already know. :)

Hope this helps
Jimmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2002, 22:46   #7 (permalink)
Erasertron

Toothpaste can be used to clean the lenses to new condition and you should get perfect results every time, with a mitty fresh smell....scrub scrub scrub and wash off....they even become more resistant to cavities, or going back the way they were.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71