Ford ECU and PCM identification numbers - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2005, 15:11   #1 (permalink)

Ford ECU and PCM identification numbers

Ford ECU and PCM identification numbers

HI guys

Need help on ECU and PCM indetification numbers ( catch codes )

Does anyone know the method Ford used to label all the ECU's ? or does anyone have a full listing of all the ECU's ford australia and USA have released to date ?

for examples ( these ecu's that i have remove out of known vehicles thats why i know what they are )

ECU NUMBER : DESCRIPTION
---------------------------------------------------------------------
7DDE 87DA-12A650-DE : 1989 EA FALCON 3.9 CPI 3SPD AUTO
1DCD 91DA-12A650-CD : EB FALCON 4SPD AUTO
0DBF 90DA-12A650-BF : EB AUTO 3.9 MPI
----------------------------------------------------------------------
7DBD 87DA-12A650-BD : EA 3SPD AUTO
3DBC 93DA-12A650-BC : ED GLi SEDAN
--------------------------------------------------------------------
6AA 86DA-12A650-AB : 4.1lt AUTO

i have search all over the net to find out how to determine the ECU by there Ford numbering system can anyone HELP or know a internet site that may be helpful

any help would be greatly appreciated

Regards FPV_GTp

FPV_GTp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2005, 17:15   #2 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

Re: Ford ECU and PCM identification numbers

Try here...
http://www.icenet.com.au/~pie/
Passengers, myocardial infarction material..
R.I.P Possum...
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 04:28   #3 (permalink)

hi again

thank you for that ebxr8240

OK here is a interesting concept it is called MegaSquirt 2 a kit form engine managment system that you have to assemble yourself . What i have read on the website its a great cheap unit and has many features some of the so called expensive aftermarket ECU makes have and even maybe better than them

Visit the site and make your own mind up
http://www.bgsoflex.com/megasquirt.html

Would love to start a Ford MegaSquirt Club in Victoria if people are interested just contact me could meet maybe once a month and share ideas and help each other never know where the idea might lead to

cya FPV_GTp
Old 06-27-2005, 00:49   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebxr8240
I couldn't find the catch code listing on this site. Searched everywhere. What page is it on?

Cheers
Tris
xafalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 16:51   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xafalcon
I couldn't find the catch code listing on this site. Searched everywhere. What page is it on?

Cheers
Tris

I have the catch codes for 80% of the ford EEC australian market was given to me by another person from another ford forum site

if your interested in them private me and will send it to you

cya FPV_GTp
Old 06-30-2005, 22:50   #6 (permalink)
i'll never grow up

i didnt see anything on the link.. but the numbers you have listed are more part numbers than anything.. I've worked in new ford parts for a long time and this is what it is. To start with the fisrt few numbers or letters before the year model "ignore".

eg 86da =1986 (XFseries2); 91da=1991 (eb1) and so on. The part number year reference ALWAYs is specific to the start year that the part is applicable to. .. the next part of the number is 12a650 which is the part number category in the ford part numbering system for an engine ECU. If you called ford for an ECU for an EF falcon auto.. it would read something like 94da-12a650aa on the ECU itself but to ford it would be EFF 12a650aa.
the last digits AA or ABA, A1A etc decide on v8 /6cyl manual or auto. this is the case with all cast or printed part numbers on genuine ford parts..
the designation of those last few characters is the most important and unforntunatly i dont have anything i can give you. its not categorized in that way on fords parts catalogue.
95 Mustang GT 302: VQ-S2 Vortech - Edelbrock Intake - BBK 70mm TB - UPR Boostpipe - TwEECer - Walbro 255 & T-Rex fuel pump - MSD btm - Crane HI-6 - 36# injectors - Pro-m 80mm MAF - Kirban FPR - FMS 9mm leads - FMS 3.73 Gears - Transgo Shift kit - B&M cooler - Saleen guage pod, FMS Boost and FP guages - R/H drive - Eibach Springs - Holley headers, http://www.meales.com.au
gtcoupe95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 17:04   #7 (permalink)

hi

sorry guys for the lenghty response

i have just recieved the file again form another ford forum member who gave it to me last time

if ur still interested in the catch codes just pm me and will send them straight away this time

i have responded to some old pm's and postings so guys have a look in ur pm box and see if had made it to u succesfully

cheers
Old 11-13-2005, 17:03   #8 (permalink)

I do know that 12a650 is the general code for all Ford programmable pcm's. I've reflashed many of them and as they're re programmed, their official part number changes with each software update. I mean officially, the part number changes with each update even though the pcm hasn't been replaced. I must attach an Emissions Update sticker in the engine compartment with each reflash, by law. I'll try to learn more of the actual part label system for pcms' when get back to work tomorrow. It's actually something I've been wanting to do for quite sometime, so you've encouraged me to learn something, which is great. Thanks! I'll post what I learn asap

Victor
FrdTek05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 12:46   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrdTek05
I do know that 12a650 is the general code for all Ford programmable pcm's. I've reflashed many of them and as they're re programmed, their official part number changes with each software update. I mean officially, the part number changes with each update even though the pcm hasn't been replaced. I must attach an Emissions Update sticker in the engine compartment with each reflash, by law. I'll try to learn more of the actual part label system for pcms' when get back to work tomorrow. It's actually something I've been wanting to do for quite sometime, so you've encouraged me to learn something, which is great. Thanks! I'll post what I learn asap

Victor
hi

where are u located ??

wot is ur work back ground ??

do u flash proms for a hobby or a living ??

cheers
Weapon of Choice - EA falcon sedan Twin Turbo AU I6 cylinder C10 Auto 9 inch diff - under construction - no dyno figures yet - ************************* 3D Wolf V4PLUS for sale ********************* www.fordforums.com/showthread.php?t=123683
http://www.fordforums.com/showthread.php?p=1217841#post1217841
Old 11-21-2005, 12:52   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrdTek05

Victor
hi

where are u located ??

wot is ur work back ground ??

do u flash proms for a hobby or a living ??

cheers
Weapon of Choice - EA falcon sedan Twin Turbo AU I6 cylinder C10 Auto 9 inch diff - under construction - no dyno figures yet - ************************* 3D Wolf V4PLUS for sale ********************* www.fordforums.com/showthread.php?t=123683
http://www.fordforums.com/showthread.php?p=1217841#post1217841
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71