Ford Keyless Entry Remotes & Programming Instructions - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2005, 16:16   #1 (permalink)

Question Ford Keyless Entry Remotes & Programming Instructions

What does your local dealer charge for Ford keyless entry remotes?

My Ford dealer wants $119 a piece plus $35 for programming for each of my cars (97 Crown Victoria, 01 Crown Victoria).

I'm curious to see what other dealerships are charging for new remotes and programming.

I'm done with ebay because the listings show new remotes, and 3 out of 3 times I've won - I end up with junk that doesn't work and won't program. First one was superglued together and cracked. Can't check the battery if you can't even open it. Second one was completely corroded inside from water and didn't work. The 3rd one only 1 button worked and it looked like someone tried to superglue the circuit board pieces back together. Each one was advertised as new, or like new and they obviously weren't anywhere close to that. The Keyles Ride site is run by one of those same lying ebay sellers, so thats off the list too.

What does your local dealership charge? I bet there's some that want even more than what mine is charging.
93Miata is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2005, 17:53   #2 (permalink)

Re: Ford Keyless Entry Remotes & Programming Instructions

A friend recently had keyless installed in her car... $450 with two remotes... but she didn't have power locks to begin with, so that included four lock actuators and all the wiring.

I'd say that's a steal what your dealership is asking, personally.

My Garage
Freshmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 04:31   #3 (permalink)

That sounds about right. The going GM rate to have a RKE remote programed for my 01 Sunfire was $35.
1999 Grand Marquis GS (4.6/auto)
dagr8tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 20:53   #4 (permalink)

Read Re: Ford Keyless Entry Remotes & Programming Instructions

I found another site online that I'm willing to give a shot - www.ThePartsYouNeed.com

The other KR site doesn't even have the correct remote for the 97 Crown Vic.

I found them on ThePartsYouNeed site with the instructions included. I ordered 1 this morning.

https://www.thepartsyouneed.com/disp...?productId=716

I'll keep you guys posted. If it works good, I'm going to order one for my 01 as well.
Old 10-20-2005, 14:20   #5 (permalink)

I got my remote from ThePartsYouNeed.com in the mail today. 4 days isn't bad for delivery time.

Programming was easy, took about 10 seconds. I can't believe a dealership would charge 1/2 hour of labor for a 10 second job. Thats a good way to lose customers.

Anyhow, the remote works great and when I went to put in an order for remote for the 01 I noticed I got free shipping, so I bought a 2nd remote for the 97 and a pair for the 01. FINALLY I will have remotes that work and that I can use.

ThePartsYouNeed.com rocks!
Old 11-10-2005, 02:45   #6 (permalink)

I got the 2nd set of remotes in a few days ago.

I confused myself a little when trying to program the 2nd remote to the 97 because I didn't finish reading. I was programming the new one, but de-programming the first remote. After like 3 tries, I decided to read the whole sheet and found that I had to program them both together.

The 01 programming was pretty easy. Now I have 2 remotes for each car which makes things a lot easier. Hopefully these won't end up in the washing machine like the last ones!
Old 11-10-2005, 02:56   #7 (permalink)

$25 from ebay... just do a search for ba remote
1965 XP Sedan in White
1974 XB GS Panel Van in Red/Black
2001 AUII Futura in Winter White
2003 BA Fairmont Ghia in Ice Mint < Current
fauxpas? pronounce it?

fauxpas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 20:27   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm done with ebay because the listings show new remotes, and 3 out of 3 times I've won - I end up with junk that doesn't work and won't program. First one was superglued together and cracked. Can't check the battery if you can't even open it. Second one was completely corroded inside from water and didn't work. The 3rd one only 1 button worked and it looked like someone tried to superglue the circuit board pieces back together. Each one was advertised as new, or like new and they obviously weren't anywhere close to that. The Keyles Ride site is run by one of those same lying ebay sellers, so thats off the list too.
I got them NEW from this site for $34.99:

https://www.thepartsyouneed.com/disp...?productId=716
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71