Front End Issues - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 22:59   #1 (permalink)

Front End Issues

My GM has a front end noise, that I was 99% sure was the shocks being worn out...small "clunks" while going over bumps, and it had some bounce to the front end as well. Bought new monroe shocks, and finally got around to changing them. Before I even got out of the driveway, I could tell that the noise was still present. The bounce was gone, but the clunk was still there. Its done this since I got the car a little over a year ago, and its also pulled to the right a bit the whole time I've had it..not enough to bother me though. I just ordered lower ball joints to install this weekend, and I was wondering if that was a good place to start? The current lowers look to be original, so with 138k miles, I figure it can't hurt to change them.
00Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2013, 02:56   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Re: Front End Issues

Check the stabilizer bar (sway bar) bushings and end links.
jwko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 18:00   #3 (permalink)

Good call, they're wore out as well. Should be getting to the ball joints and the sway bars this weekend hopefully. Thanks
00Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 16:40   #4 (permalink)
Pantherholic

Garage

Had issue with a 92 before . It was control arm bushings that were shot . On lift you couldnt tell, but jack under lower arm, hood open & wiggling tire you could see how bad they were . with wheel hanging & not supported this way, there is pressure to not allow to be seen otherwise

my 1986 Grand Marquis LS... Rose...
87_Crown_Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71