Full Throttle and the cars just boggs down... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2006, 17:52   #1 (permalink)

confused Full Throttle and the cars just boggs down...

When I let off just alittle it will pick back up...I have heard that it could be a mass air flow sensor, I have heard it could be a computer problem or even a position sensor...I have a new fuel filter,plugs,wires,belt,o2 sensors and pcv valves...What else could it be...Ireally need help I love This car and I bought it new...Can anybody help me I dont know what else to do other than spend 110 dollars at the dealership putting it on a computer that might help it might not so any help would be appreciated
longbow73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2006, 16:06   #2 (permalink)

Re: Full Throttle and the cars just boggs down...

could be the fuel pump, has it been getting progressively worse?
Jrgicehc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 17:25   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrgicehc
could be the fuel pump, has it been getting progressively worse?
yep it started about a year ago but not as bad...is the fuel pump hard to change do you know...I appreciate the help and hope you have a great day...its a 97 crownvic by the way...
Old 03-12-2006, 12:19   #4 (permalink)

i dont know if it is hard to change or not, i have actually never had that happen to my crown vic. but my chrysler new yorker is having the same problem right now and i have had it happen to my oldsmobile. i have been avoiding the new yorker because it is in the fuel tank and i have to drop it to get to it. im new to the crown victoria so im not sure where it is. either way i would have a mechanic look at it because it may or may not be the fuel pump. but it definately sounds like you are loosing fuel pressure.
Jrgicehc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 19:06   #5 (permalink)
Unregistered

Thumbs up Re: Full Throttle and the cars just boggs down...

Quote:
i dont know if it is hard to change or not, i have actually never had that happen to my crown vic. but my chrysler new yorker is having the same problem right now and i have had it happen to my oldsmobile. i have been avoiding the new yorker because it is in the fuel tank and i have to drop it to get to it. im new to the crown victoria so im not sure where it is. either way i would have a mechanic look at it because it may or may not be the fuel pump. but it definately sounds like you are loosing fuel pressure.
Thanks for the advice I guess ill spend alittle green to get it on a computer and see what it says...
Old 03-12-2006, 19:10   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Thanks for the help Ill just get it on a computer instead of just throwing parts at it...Im no mechanic so I better let em handle it...Thanks again
Old 03-12-2006, 19:26   #7 (permalink)

The fuel pump is located in the tank on those cars.
If you're not accustomed to diagnosing problems, I'd say let the professionals handle that one- it's likely going to be a fairly in-depth diagnosis. In the least, they can tell you what you broke ( ) and you can swap the parts yourself.

My Garage
Freshmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 20:30   #8 (permalink)
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshmeat
The fuel pump is located in the tank on those cars.
If you're not accustomed to diagnosing problems, I'd say let the professionals handle that one- it's likely going to be a fairly in-depth diagnosis. In the least, they can tell you what you broke ( ) and you can swap the parts yourself.
Thanks for all of your help Ill put her under the knife ASAP.
Old 04-20-2006, 10:25   #9 (permalink)

my car does this under full throttle around corners with not alot of gas in the tank. i believe the gas sloshes to one side and the pump starves... never happens in a straight line only when burning ass around a corner or pulling out on the highway really fast with like 2 gallons of gas in the tank. same thing or is my situation different?
cld783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 15:53   #10 (permalink)

cld- just stop nailing it around corners when you're low on fuel!

My Garage
Freshmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71