Ford Forums banner

Gas Mileage

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  4XFORD 
#1 ·
I have the opportuity to purchase a 1996 Crown Vic P71 with 33000 miles on it, at a very good price I might add. What kind of gas mileage might I expect if I can keep my foot out of it? The city I work for has a couple of hundred C/Vs but civilian driving differs drastically from Police duty. Please let me hear from those of you personally driving one of these. Thanks,

#2 ·
Why not expect the worst, which is probably 14 mpg....

My 96 PI with 111k does about 16 mpg in city only, 18 mpg on the mix of city and highway and about 19 mpg on the highway (cause I really step on it)

It really depends on your driving style and of course what shape your car is in, if you say it has such low mileage I'd think the car could do 20 mpg easily!

#3 ·
GAS MILEAGE

Well, I know there two things a man will lie about, one being his gas mileage. That being said, I read posts here and there about C/Vs getting 22 - 26 mpg highway. Sounded like something one could always hope for but I would have to hear it from several sources before I was convinced. My Ranger 4x4 only gets 20 - 22. I would be happy with anything close to that. Thanks again. I'd like to hear from others, too.

#6 ·
Well, it is bginning to sound like I could drive a C/V as cheap as I can my Ranger 4x4 which gets about 21 or 22 mpg. I used to have an 88 ex-Lexington County,SC Sherriffs car, 5.8w/ a V V carb and 163000 miles, that sure didn't get that kind of mileage. These PIs drive great and the motoring public is soooo courteous to you ! Thanks for your response,
Steve

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.