Gas tank filter? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2004, 14:39   #1 (permalink)

Gas tank filter?

Ok, sorry to bother everyone again, but my gas tank filter, I believe is clogged.
Tank wont keep a syphon, car wont start, no gas at carb, and I think the fuel pump is OK
reason I think the fuel pump is ok is that this happened once before, and with enough syphoning/ blowing air I managed to get the tank to keep a syphon.
wondering how you would go about unclogging a fuel tank filter.

Good news is I know whats going on with My O2 sensor, seems the wire disconnected itself, gonna fix this one after the car is running
T_Juggalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2004, 17:09   #2 (permalink)

Re: Gas tank filter?

all fixed all good
now on to o2 sensor, seems to be running pretty rich
Old 10-04-2004, 20:57   #3 (permalink)
That guy

Tomorrow I'll play with a 84 I have out back to see whats wrong with yours. I took my 87 to a shop so the guy that rebuilt the tranny can check it out. I spent alday saturday replacing it and repairing all kinds of little things too.

BlueSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 15:42   #4 (permalink)

ok well while your looking at your 84 look on the passanger side exhaust manigfold, there seems to be a metal tube coming off of that to the air fuel control on the carb,
mine is broken off at the exhaust manifold. Is this where the 02 is located

By the way, if I do not reply for a few days it is because I am going to a training camp in ottawa and will be away, dont know if I will have internet access there or not
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71