Gas tank (s) questions? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2007, 13:45   #1 (permalink)
frank n texas

Gas tank (s) questions?

Hello all...New member form Texas here...Have really enjoyed the board so far...Been reading for couple days now...lol

Question #1....Can I run a syphon hose down thru the gas filler hole (under cap) all the way to the gas in the tank or is there some kind of a anti theft plate or screen in my way? This is on my 1997 Mercury Grand Marquis 4.6L

Question #2....Same question but on my 2000 Mercury Grand Marquis 4.6L

Question #3...If answer is yes I CAN get a hose all the way down into the gas in the tank or tanks what diameter fuel hose would work best?

Having passing emissions problems so early replies will be greatly appreciated...

Both vehicles have been sitting up for a while and both have very old gas in them..

Thanks in advance for any and all replies and suggestions..

frank n texas
frank n texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2007, 19:06   #2 (permalink)
Hi-Tech Redneck

Re: Gas tank (s) questions?

1) No

2) No

3) No

If the vehicles have been sitting for less than 2 years, then fill them up with fresh gas and let 'em run.

If it has been longer, then if you are lucky, you can remove the filler hose from the neck and siphon directly from the tank.
Johnny Mullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 19:27   #3 (permalink)
frank n texas

Re: Gas tank (s) questions?

Thanks so much for the fast reply Johnny...Was afraid you were going to say no, no and no...lol

Veh has been run several times over the past year or so but I fear the FULL tank of gas may be close to going south on me..Thought I would dump and start fresh...

Thanks again..
frank n texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71