Grand Improvements - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2007, 19:32   #1 (permalink)

Arrow Grand Improvements

Hey guys, now that I fixed the engine I can focus on fixing the smaller problems. I am going to use this car as a daily driver, normally to and from the university, and my job, and the weekend outing. I need it to be confortable and usable.
So, I need to fix a few things:
-Roof headliner(Its ripped and sagging)
-Front and rear passenger side CLUNKs
-Mysterious water leakage in the drivers and front passenger carpets
-Throttle body gets stuck in closed position
-Change the passenger side turn sygnal lamp(its broken)
-eliminate a nasty odor that seems to come from somewhere in the a/c unit(maybe it has something to do with the water in the carpets?)

I also would like to:
-Change the spark plug wires
-Upgrade the radio
-Get seat covers, steering wheel cover, and new floor mats
-Get a tachometer(It's good to know the engine rpm)
-Install police interceptor 17in wheels

I will post up pics. for your enjoyment. I am open for any suggestions you may have. If you have a part that I need just PM me and we could come to an agreement$$$
pvidrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2007, 08:08   #2 (permalink)

Re: Grand Improvements

There is some stuff at the links below that might help you with the front-end clunk and some sound-system upgrades. Also, if your car is a 2000 model year or older (or an early 2001) be sure and check to see if you have the all-plastic manifold. If you do, plan on setting aside $200 to fix that...

Upper ball joints...
Autoclinix.com - Ford Crown Victoria / Mercury Grand Marquis Upper Ball Joint Replacement Instructions

Tie rods...
Autoclinix.com - Ford Crown Victoria / Mercury Grand Marquis Tie Rod Replacement Instructions

Front speakers...
Autoclinix.com - Ford Crown Victoria / Mercury Grand Marquis Front Speaker Installation Instructions

Rear speakers...
Autoclinix.com - Ford Crown Victoria / Mercury Grand Marquis Rear Speaker Installation Instructions

Intake manifold replacement...
Autoclinix.com: Ford/Lincoln/Mercury Intake Manifold Repair
sheebeehuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 18:53   #3 (permalink)

UPDATE:

-Fixed sticky throttle body(dirt was the culprit)
-changed the spark plug wires(Autolite 8mm)
-spark plugs(NGK)
-shocks(Monroe sensatrack)
-wipers(Bosch)
-and a steering wheel cover(pepboys brand)

-The ignition update really helped restore the performance of the engine, it runs smoothly now and accelerates great.
-The shocks eliminated 90% of the suspension noise and helped ALOT in the ride quality, now I feel like I am driving a car and not a boat.
-The wipers... Well, it has to rain before I can tell you if they work properly. I always use Bosch wiper blades, because they get the job done.

Soon pics, soon
Old 03-13-2007, 18:11   #4 (permalink)

search for the thread "water in floor board". Through a lot of effort I finally found the source of where the water was coming in and also what the nasty smell was (mildewy carpet insulation from the water sitting there for a long time.)
Read my post on 6-6-2006 by "97cv"
It's a job, but can be done! Good luck. Any questions you can email me.
97cv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 17:55   #5 (permalink)

Thanks for the reply 97cv

here's another "update"

-Changed the radiator(the old one was clogged, and because of the pressure buildup it blew a 3" hole on the plastic tub"
-I also changed the thermostat(it was clogged too)
-Found out what the stench was(rotting leaves in the a/c system)
-The plastic cover on my head and sygnal lights literally fell off.(now I have euro clear altezzas lol)
-I replaced the old broken intake with a home made pvc unit(works great, cost me 24 bucks)
-I disconnected the heater core from the coolant system(if anyone wants it just contact me and I will send it to you)

Upcomming stuff:

-Remove the catalytic converters(they are really really clogged)
-Maybe change the muffler(depends entirely on how the car sounds without the cats)
-bribe my cousin to give me his alpine radio
-pictures!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71