grand marquies exhaust - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2012, 06:48   #1 (permalink)

grand marquies exhaust

ok so im 17 and have a 1995 mercury grand marquies with a 4.6 liter V8. my dad is putting a magnaflow magna pack cat back exhaust on his 2004 mustang gt 40th anniversary and the stock exhaust sounds great on his car. so my question is if i take one of his stock mufflers and swap it with mine will it make any difference, and also could i take his hole H pipe set up and fit it to my exhaust before the Y pipe and just add new prebent pipe over my rear axle.
Mercury marqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2012, 07:15   #2 (permalink)

Re: grand marquies exhaust

I guess you could, if you had to!!! I suggest you save some money and get the right set up.
Buffalo Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:55   #3 (permalink)
Moderators

My guess is that Buffalo Bill is right, but we all remember how tight money was when we were 17, and projects such as this are how you will learn.

You should first take accurate preliminary measurements. Make notes as you do. Make sure the pipes are the same diameter and in good condition. Then it's time for you to answer your own question and consider if the project is worth the effort.

Some things to consider are do you have the proper tools to do the job? Labor is the most expensive part of a job such as this and if you, or your dad, do not have a tubing cutter and welder, you will have to pay a muffler shop to finish the job.

Do not attempt to install a muffler from a dual exhaust Mustang to your single exhaust system. The muffler will not flow and you will be disappointed. If you are going to modify your exhaust, now would be a good time to install duals. Maybe you could find a good used dual exhaust system from a "retired" law enforcement or HPP equipped CV or GM to install in your car.

Good luck with your project, and don't be afraid to learn by doing. Every hot rodder I know started out just like you!
Bajarider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 18:33   #4 (permalink)

I'm a senior in a vocational high school going for automotive so I'm very mechanically inclined so my only problem is if it's worth doing.
Old 12-05-2012, 21:02   #5 (permalink)
Moderators

Yes, it's worth it. Factory dual exhaust is good for 15-20 HP. Just for info, high flow cats and eliminating the rear resonators with factory dual exhaust is good for another 10-12 RWHP.
Bajarider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 20:14   #6 (permalink)

Thanks for all the suggestions guys there very helpful
Old 01-07-2013, 14:55   #7 (permalink)

I was able to get an H pipe and the tail pipe from an HPP I needed for mine for a 100 bones.... Put on a couple of magna flows or cherry bombs to start and you're all set.
I paid a shop to install though- but it was only $200 and well worth it.
WillMarquis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71