grand marquis questions - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2008, 12:45   #1 (permalink)

Smile grand marquis questions

hi i'm new to this site and i was wondering how the 86-87 grand marquis are. i might be getting one for free and it has the fuel injected 5.0 and my grandfather says it gets 20-23mpg! I was also wondering what performance mods you could do to them. any common problems with them and other stuff like that. Thanks
50marquis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2008, 16:50   #2 (permalink)
canuck

Re: grand marquis questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50marquis View Post
hi i'm new to this site and i was wondering how the 86-87 grand marquis are. i might be getting one for free and it has the fuel injected 5.0 and my grandfather says it gets 20-23mpg! I was also wondering what performance mods you could do to them. any common problems with them and other stuff like that. Thanks
The 5.0 is a good power plant to have. I wouldn't quote it at getting 23mpg unless you plan to drive like your grandfather. Anyway, check Performance Parts Online for Cars and Trucks - Performance Center or Summit Racing website for aftermarket add ons. There should be a few options for that year. As for problems, you can visit Car information, new car prices, used car values, used car reviews, new car reviews - MSN Autos and search for your year, make and model to gather reviews. Edmunds.com is another good site as well as Home | National Highway Traffic Safety Administration(NHTSA) | U.S. Department of Transportation where you can gather any recall information to make sure the car is up to date, and other minor problems that you should know about (if any) that a recall didn't cover.
'99 Taurus 3.0L 2V Vulcan 145hp; 154,300m - Traded
Amsoil in all vehicles!
360ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71