Re: Grand Marquis rear-ended... doesn't start.
The fuel pump shut-off switch may have been triggered. The shut-off switch is a device intended to automatically stop the flow of fuel to the engine when your vehicle has been involved in a collision.
You must reset the switch by hand before you can start your vehicle. The switch is on the left side of the trunk.
Here are the directions from my '94 Grand Marquis Owner's Manual:
1. Turn the key in the ignition to OFF.
2. Check under the vehicle for leaking fuel.
3. If you do not see or smell fuel, push the reset button down. (red button on top of switch). If the button is already set, you may have a different mechanical problem.
4. Turn the ignition key ON for a few seconds, then turn if OFF.
5. Check under the vehicle again for leaking fuel. If you see or smell fuel, do not start your vehicle again. If you do not see or smell fuel, you can try to start your vehicle again.