Handling Questions - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2006, 11:32   #1 (permalink)

Handling Questions

Hey all , I am new to this forum and new to 2001 Grand Marquis GS. I have a question regarding the handling of this car. It seem when I hit rough pavement that the steering wheel becomes erratic, I would expect some looseness in a car this large with soft suspension, but am a little concerned. I do know that this car has been in an accident, it looks like the front clip and both front fenders have been replaced and repainted. It also pulls to the left, probably an alignment would be in order. I took it to the shop on Saturday to have the tires rotated and balanced and they told me the two right sides wheels were slightly bent. Do you think that the erratic handling could be caused by bad alignment and couple of bent wheels? or something more sinister.

Thanks
parkermms is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2006, 19:07   #2 (permalink)

Re: Handling Questions

A bad alignment can throw off a lot of things. I'd say get that fixed, since you know it's not right, and see if it works. If it doesn't, at least you have a good alignment.

My Garage
Freshmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 21:23   #3 (permalink)
Police Officer/Rescue Tec

Re: Handling Questions

Also the bent wheels will definitely mess with the ride. After that you will want to check the idler arms if the problem isn't fixed.
ryoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71