Headlight conversion/engine question - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2005, 09:06   #1 (permalink)

Headlight conversion/engine question

Can you convert headlights from a '03-present Marauder to a '99-'2002 Ford Crown Vic P71?Does the Marauder have the same engine as a Crown Vic?
Lumpy_Oatmeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2005, 09:50   #2 (permalink)

Re: Headlight conversion/engine question

The CV (including PI) has a SOHC (Single OverHead Cam) motor (one cam on each head), while the Marauder has a DOHC (Dual OverHead Cam) motor (two cams on each head).

My Garage
Freshmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 12:39   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshmeat
The CV (including PI) has a SOHC (Single OverHead Cam) motor (one cam on each head), while the Marauder has a DOHC (Dual OverHead Cam) motor (two cams on each head).
What about the headlights,can they be switched out and replaced with Marauder headlights?
Lumpy_Oatmeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 19:08   #4 (permalink)
Police Officer/Rescue Tec

I think so ,but, if you look at them you'll see that they're not much difference at all. Aside from the grill, there's not anything different from the CV(cosmetically)
ryoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 16:21   #5 (permalink)

Just get a Marauder. Aren't you researching to get a CV? Just get a Marauder. They're much more bad ass out of the box.

My Garage
Freshmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 12:27   #6 (permalink)
A15
CVPI Nut

I have to agree that the marauder is much better out of the box but the $5k for a great condition CVPI and the 20k+ for a Marauder is something to think about too. Not everybody has money pouring out of their backside. Anyways, to swap out the headlights you need alot more then just the headlights. The corner lenses are more of less a direct swap but for the headlights you need the following: Headlights, front light support (big panel behind the lights), the center grill cause your CV one will not fit, and what ever nuts and bolts to finish it up.

Will it fit on a CV, yes. It's something I'm mdoing right now. I'll have a marauder, just with Ford badges and a SOHC 4.6. But not for long, I'm going bigger.
A15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71