Hiddenhitch Calss I trailer hitch and P74 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2004, 08:13   #1 (permalink)

Hiddenhitch Calss I trailer hitch and P74

Greetings,

I'm considering putting a class I trailer hitch on my 2004 P74. How will this affect ground clearance in the back? How likely will I drag the hitch backing out of a driveway or coming out of a paking garage?
sruane is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2004, 11:28   #2 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

Re: Hiddenhitch Calss I trailer hitch and P74

Have you lowered the car any? How steep is your driveway? I had a hitch on my 96 Impala and had no issues with Driveway or Parking garage clearance, except when it was a very steep grade. I did eventually have an issue when i put lowering springs on her. But that is to be expected.
LunaticSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 12:15   #3 (permalink)

Re: Hiddenhitch Class I trailer hitch and P74

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaticSVT
Have you lowered the car any? How steep is your driveway? I had a hitch on my 96 Impala and had no issues with Driveway or Parking garage clearance, except when it was a very steep grade. I did eventually have an issue when i put lowering springs on her. But that is to be expected.

This is a stock 2004 CV LX Sport with the Performance/Handling package, 17" wheels and rear air springs.

I didn't mention - there are speed bumps on my street I would rather not snag.

Right now, it clears the ramp on the parking garage just fine, where my 2000 Buick Century would drag. It bounds over the speed bumps with plenty of clearance too.
sruane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 11:37   #4 (permalink)

Re: Hiddenhitch Calss I trailer hitch and P74

I have a stock 1999 Crown Vic LX with a Class 2 trailer hitch. I was scrapping the bottom of the hitch when leaving my driveway with my travel trailer attached. I solved the problem by replacing the standard coils with cargo coils (variable rate coils).
CFWencl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71