High prices stopping you guys yet? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2005, 23:33   #1 (permalink)
Crownvic

High prices stopping you guys yet?

Gas here in Alberta, Canada has shot up to about $1.10 to $1.20 a litre. A litre! There's about 3.8 litres in a gallon. I'm curious how this makes all you other boat owners feel? I'm still happy as shit to drive my car.

My car is pretty much a true extension of my penis. It's not small or anything, but people just LOVE to touch it. :-)
CrownVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2005, 03:44   #2 (permalink)
Backyard Mechanic

Re: High prices stopping you guys yet?

Gas here in Southern California is still as low as $2.97/gallon.

You mean people actually choose NOT to drive their Crown Vics?? lol

Last edited by qwenton; 09-02-2005 at 03:44. Reason: Forgot text
qwenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 07:58   #3 (permalink)

actauly , an dplease forgive me in advance for this but . in a way , I am glad that fuel prices are what they are now becuase , that means that there will be a huge number of REAL cars for sale at very , very good prices . Personaly , I am not willing to drive some peice of crap import car that is half the size of what a real car should be just because the cost of fuel is a bit higher . I MUCH prefer my safety and comfort . I might also add that it costs lees to maintain a real car than it does to try and maintian some sardine can becuase the part are already heavy duty and last much longer than they do in some itty bitty junk pile . Thats my stroy and I'm sticking with it . Fire away , flame suit on and it's all zipped up .

frank
Mr. Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 13:47   #4 (permalink)

We'll I could be happier but what are you going to do. I'm still taking the Vic out to the track today? I'm from Edmonton Ab. and You'd think with all this oil we're mineing and drilling they'd give us a break. But NO
XtraX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 13:58   #5 (permalink)
Crownvic

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtraX
We'll I could be happier but what are you going to do. I'm still taking the Vic out to the track today? I'm from Edmonton Ab. and You'd think with all this oil we're mineing and drilling they'd give us a break. But NO
Edmonton? I just moved there to Calgary. Originally I am from Calgary but was up north for college. I *was* going to go to the track as well, but moving proved to cost a little more using the H2 instead of my CV.
CrownVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 14:32   #6 (permalink)
That guy

Well, the only time I'll stop driving my CV is if the gas hits $5.00-ish a gallon. Even then I'll drive it for short trips. What other car can you get this soft ride out of? Honda civic? Ya right. The only car I'm not going to drive much is my 74 ranchero, its 5 mpg.......... Same for my other carbed cars. I think I'm going to finally get around to making those fiberglass body parts for my car I've been talking about for a long time. Put my car on a diet, maybe me as well.

BlueSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 15:02   #7 (permalink)
Houstonbound

Actually, yes, it is $3.19 for 87 which on a high schooler's budget is all I personally can afford being unemployed makes it even more difficult, the only jobs available are 20-30 miles away from me, I live in a very small town. I would actually much rather be driving my CRX right now if the transmission wasn't out of it. But all will be fixed in time or the Corolla. I dont care what you guys all say about small imports, but I still love em as much as I love my Vic. So everyday its the same ritual, just gas station for $0.59 Polar Pop...School...Public Library...Home and I'm pussyfootin it every inch of a mile lol. Kinda takes the fun out of driving but I still have my system to keep me entertained.
'87 Toyota Corolla (RWD) Coupe

*Principal Hearne* "Do you know anything about digital photo editing?"
*Tony* "Enough to know why I'm here..."
hoosierp71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 16:58   #8 (permalink)
94 Marquis

Gas in Florida is $3.50 right now. I have a Galant with some mods to it as a second car, and to my (and probably all of yours) suprise my GM gets better gas milage than my Galant.

I just need to get my EGR fixed, its getting really laggy when I cold start it. So, in my opinion stick with the panthers, they always end up better.

Gas is supposed to shoot up to like $4.50 a gallon, then drop down to $3.25-3.50 then stabilize. But just think, at the beginning of this summer, gas was $2.10. I have my first gas reciept and thats what it was. These people are just jerking with us, its rediculous the shit I hear from gas station owners. But what can ya do?!

Oh, also hoosierp71, if you ever want to sell your Carolla, I will buy, Im very serious also. Ive been searching so long for a late 80's carolla.
SiZzOuRcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 16:59   #9 (permalink)

In Australia, prices are at $1.30 a litre, which is 97c a litre US, so almost $4 US a gallon. Enjoy...
V8AUFairlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 17:34   #10 (permalink)
That guy

I have a question, does the emission crap help on milage? I took the cats off, gutted the pump, and pluged the head cross over on my heads. Also put a bigger throttle body and 21 lbs/hr injecters with wide sread for better atomization. Also have a full MSD 6AL ignition with high end plugs and wires with low resistant exhaust. Does all that help milage? Just wondering. I think it does....... If not, its fun like hell to drive :)

BlueSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71