How expensive is P71 maintence? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2009, 14:30   #1 (permalink)

How expensive is P71 maintence?

Just curious how expensive it generally to keep a P71 on the road?

I am not a mechanic and I am very curious about getting one.

I had a 1997 Caddy STS that was really expensive to maintain.

My wife wants a Honda because they are cheap, but I believe a man needs a RWD V8.
How would a P71 compare to say Civic in operating and maintenence costs?

thanks alot!
black_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2009, 19:29   #2 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Re: How expensive is P71 maintence?

The Civic is smaller so it would get better mileage in tow. On the road it would get a little better. I have a 2000 and get around 25mpg on the road. It has 153,000 miles. The P71 is very trouble free. Not much goes wrong with them. I worked at a government job where we had a lot of them and they were a very good car. The comfort and safety is another area where they are superior. There's a cab company in PA that mentioned in one forum that he had a 95 with over 630,000 miles and several 98s with over 400,000 miles without much trouble. He said he did put a transmission in the 95 once, and that it was starting to use oil.
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71