Ford Forums banner

How many people here has a P71

6K views 21 replies 7 participants last post by  Reaper450128 
#1 ·
I don't have one yet. I'm hoping to get a 96/97 PI (Police Interceptor) in about 3/4 months.

#8 ·
Yep !!..I'm here!!!!....It's Allen

Hey Guys....I'm glad to see some friendly names here.......Allen Shaw....88 p72....and 93 P71...Thanks Bluesmobile and P71times2 for the envite to this website.....Yeah Bluesmobile....I missed Ya!!!!! (LOL)

#10 ·
Better late ,Than never

Hey P71time2,....What's shakin?.......I'm a Slacker....Bluesmobile sent me a couple of notes about getting over here. I wanted to wait to enter on my home system.....The PC at the office is getting to be a royal pain!!!!!.......Allen

G
#15 ·
Thanks...I figured you gents would get a kick out of it. I almost bought a 1995 PI that my agency was selling...a fellow officer drove it. Same year that I had. Another officer totaled mine out 4 months after I turned it over to him. I went through heck and back with that car and loved it...only to see it piled up because a dog ran across the road in front of this officer. Too bad...

The PI badge reminds me though :)

#17 ·
High Mileage Question

Texas Man....I have read accounts of people achieving 200k and way beyond on the 92 plus model P71's....I have a 93 P71 with 103K on it now...There are no signs of any weakening at this point....My 88 P72 has 164K on it..Yes that's a 351w with a carb......I do plan to rebuild this motor due to major powerplant upgrades that are in the works....This is not due to any mechanical failings.....If you are really interested in CV's you might want to check out the www.crownvic.net website....They are very active over there.....This board will become so in time.....Allen

G
#19 ·
Thanks for the reply everyone. The highest I've heard on a vic is 750K on a 1993 taxi model in Cleveland Ohio. It began it's live as a Cleveland PD car, and then was sold to a local taxi company there. It's on the original engine and second transmission. I'm sure it's only a few more years before it flips over to one million miles. :G

#22 ·
Guess I'm a bit behind those of you I know from CVNet on finding these other forums. Oh well, I'm pretty new to the whole CV scene so it makes sense I wouldn't find these too quickly.

Back on topic now, I've got a '94 CVPI, only 92K miles on it. Runs great, doesn't seem like it will cost a great deal to fix up, and simply was a great buying decision. I would definately do it again once this one finally breaks down (but that better be at least like 5 years away, 'cause going to college for electrical engineering just ain't a great time to earn a lot of cash!).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.