I'm one of you guys now. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2008, 20:46   #1 (permalink)
Fried chicken & gasoline!

I'm one of you guys now.

Where do I begin? I've been a dyed in the wool General Motors man since I started driving. I'm not a G.M. absolutist and can appreciate the good machines Ford has made over the years. How can one not appreciate Steve McQueen's Mustang in Bullitt?! After some fairly deep research I decided to pay $4,000.oo for my new mount; a white 1999 Crown vic P71 with 54,XXX miles on it. It does have the upgraded intake manifold with aluminum, front, transverse coolant passage and working dual spotlights. It was a Henderson Nevada police car and has a cloth back seat without the glass/cage divider thing. As soon as I get back from next week's vacation I'll need to score an eraser wheel to remove all the darn adhesive that reads things like, POLICE, 5069, 911, H, etc. Now that I'm a member of this here forum and a newbie to Fords I'll be combing the posts for as much info as I can find.
PsychoBillee99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2008, 08:06   #2 (permalink)

biggrin Re: I'm one of you guys now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBillee99 View Post
Where do I begin? I've been a dyed in the wool General Motors man since I started driving. I'm not a G.M. absolutist and can appreciate the good machines Ford has made over the years. How can one not appreciate Steve McQueen's Mustang in Bullitt?! After some fairly deep research I decided to pay $4,000.oo for my new mount; a white 1999 Crown vic P71 with 54,XXX miles on it. It does have the upgraded intake manifold with aluminum, front, transverse coolant passage and working dual spotlights. It was a Henderson Nevada police car and has a cloth back seat without the glass/cage divider thing. As soon as I get back from next week's vacation I'll need to score an eraser wheel to remove all the darn adhesive that reads things like, POLICE, 5069, 911, H, etc. Now that I'm a member of this here forum and a newbie to Fords I'll be combing the posts for as much info as I can find.

WOW That is great to hear. Did you post this in the "introduce yourself Thread"??? I am sure that all of us are glad to hear this.

Welcome and good luck....
Old 11-28-2008, 08:55   #3 (permalink)
Administrator

Re: I'm one of you guys now.

Quote:
It was a Henderson Nevada police car and has a cloth back seat without the glass/cage divider thing. As soon as I get back from next week's vacation I'll need to score an eraser wheel to remove all the darn adhesive that reads things like, POLICE, 5069, 911, H, etc.
I'd have some fun around here if I had an ex cop car. Might play around a little before you remove all the decals.
jwko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 18:31   #4 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

Welcome to the forums.

Glad you have got yourself a Ford to have fun with now.
Old 11-30-2008, 00:10   #5 (permalink)

Hah, yeah, you can still barely see "Town Of Poughkeepsie" on the side of my car too, just got it a little over a month ago. Us newbies need to stick together.
2600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 09:55   #6 (permalink)
Land Yacht Fan

Great, welcome to the club. We the elite car buffs refuse to buy overpriced, tiny, foreign cars with no character. And to hell with CAFE and downsized cars of the future. I'll continue to cruise in my V-8 2008 Grand Marquis.
Old 04-21-2010, 14:00   #7 (permalink)

Wow this thread came back from the dead didn't it.

Anyway, I was the opposite of a GM fan because of my family's past experience with them. But then I got my '98 Malibu with 145,000mi on it in '06 and drove it till August '09 and 187,000mi without it giving me any major, non maintenance related issues. In fact I just talked to the guy who bought it from me, and other than welding up the rusted exhaust, he hasn't done a thing to it and its now got almost 195,000mi. Maybe they've gotten their act together and are making good cars again, but I still don't think I would buy one new.

1996 Mercury Grand Marquis GS ~89,000mi, Willow Green inside and out. It's very green.
1998 Chevrolet Malibu Base V6 187,000mi (sold)
BigMerc96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71