Intake for 94 GM - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2005, 19:36   #1 (permalink)
94 Marquis

Intake for 94 GM

That is the sweet sweet victory of me installed a sorta short ram intake for my 1994 GM. Filter cost me $25, total of everything was $43.59. Pretty damn good considering that Im supposed to see 1/2-3/4 of a second on my quarter mile. I also found a metal intake duct but it doesn't have two nipples for the vacuum hoses, so Im not sure if I can make it happen. But Im really happy with how this turned out.

Let me know what u think.
SiZzOuRcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2005, 21:43   #2 (permalink)
Police Officer/Rescue Tec

Re: Intake for 94 GM

Hey Man,That looks great!! Read On... I did the same thing, except I used a piece of 3" plumbing pipe and an elbow so I could get rid of that thing that came on it.I also drilled a hole into the places where the vacuum goes and installed two nipples that I got from autozone, then I used some contact cement to hold the nipples in place. The total cost for this setup was about $35 including the conical filter which was about $26 by its self.I'm going to get a stainless piece of pipe and have it bent at the muffler shop now that I know it actually works.I think that $150 is way too much to give for a cold air set up.Also I used a 2' square sheet of hard plastic and molded it with a lighter and some lighter fluid so I could make a airbox to keep the hot air out. That was about $5.
ryoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 16:58   #3 (permalink)
94 Marquis

Wow, I didn't see the nipples at AutoZone, but now that I know they are there, Im def going to check those out. I've always wanted to do a PVC intake jsut because it sounds so funny, but I didn't think that I could find the nipples for it.

Do you see a different in the PVC connection rather than the plastic piece? Any louder? And do you have any pics of the shield cause I really need one of those and I am willing to pay a little if I see that its satisfactory work and that your up to it.
Old 11-29-2005, 20:59   #4 (permalink)

I haven't gotten to the metal piece yet, but , I'll try to get some pictures of the PVC setup. Yes , it is louder and got a definite growl coming from engine bay under hard acceleration, I love it!!!
Old 11-30-2005, 18:53   #5 (permalink)
94 Marquis

After a few days, I haven't notice any increase in gas MPG, but I have noticed a difference in lower-mid end power. I really can't decide to go with PVC/Metal intake, someone told me that it really wouldn't make a difference. Is that true?
- Warner High Performance Plug Wires -
- Full Custom Cold Air Intake -
- Polished Throttle Body -
- 5% Limo Tint (all the way around) -
- Silverstar Xenon Highs and Lows -
Old 11-30-2005, 22:16   #6 (permalink)

As far as performance, the PVC is the same as the stainless. I just like the look of the stainless pipe better. The PVC is cheap and easier to work with and you can paint it any color you want. I think the stainless does lower the intake air temp a little more though, however , either one is a definite improvement over the stock set up. One more thing, if you take the MAF and do a little whittling on the big useless hunk of metal right in the middle of it, the thing that looks like a "I" beam,you can get more airflow, which increases HP and Torque.Be careful not to damage the sampling tube inside of it though.
Old 12-01-2005, 14:07   #7 (permalink)
94 Marquis

What exactly do I need to tinker with?
Old 12-01-2005, 19:04   #8 (permalink)

The big piece of metal that you hooked the air filter on . Thats the MAF and that is where the hunk of metal is that you need to get rid of. Look inside of it there is a piece of metal that runs from the top to bottom . At the top is the sampling tube, this is where the computer gets its info as far as the intake is concerned.Trim out the metal with a saw, except the tube itself and where the sensor is inside the tube, this will increase airflow in addition to the conical filter.I will try to get you a picture of this before you try it. (if I can figure out how to get this digital camera stuff onto this site)
Old 12-01-2005, 19:12   #9 (permalink)
94 Marquis

I know what ur talking about. But there are two diods thats messure the air. But if you rip those out, your air to fuel ratio with be completely messed up. There goes gas milage.
Old 12-02-2005, 11:28   #10 (permalink)

The useless piece of metal , not the sensors. The metal below the sensors is what I'm talking about. The piece inside the housing. If you look inside the piece , it looks as if it is split in two. Cut out the piece that connects the top and bottom(except the sampling tube)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71