Interested in selling my Crown Vic - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2006, 21:25   #1 (permalink)

Interested in selling my Crown Vic

An opportunity tonight presented itself that allows me to purchase another vehicle. As much as I love my Crown Vic, I don't have anymore space for another car. I hope I'm not violating any rules by advertising here (maybe there should be a buy/sell section?). Here are the particulars if anyone is truly interested. I live in Southern Ontario - Just 45 minutes west of Toronto.

1985 Ford LTD Crown Victoria

-Serial number on vehicle indicates this Crown Vic was built in Canada
-Base model - no options (and I do mean zero options)
-5.0 litre (302 C.I.D.) V8 (carbureted)
-195000kms
-Dual exhaust

What's been replaced?
-Transmission fluid changed earlier today
-Coolant changed last week
-"H" pipe replaced this summer
-Exhaust from behind the "H" pipe back to the tailpipes replaced in Fall of 2004 & still appears to be in good shape
-New Starter in fall 2005
-Spark plug wires replaced in 2005
-Entire ignition system, including the Duraspark II control module replaced in late 2005
-New radiator in 2005
-Two sets of tires mounted on rims, Winter tires purchased in 2005 & used only for the 2005/2006 winter season; all-season tires purchased in spring of 2006, and used from April until now. Both sets are Goodyear tires, and not the low-end stuff
-New fuel pump
-New carburetor purchased & installed within the last month
-New battery in 2004
-New ignition cylinder (steering column) in 2005
-New gas tank, straps, and fuel sending unit in fall 2004
-New front brake rotors & pads in fall 2004
-New front shocks spring 2006 - have new shocks for rear & never installed because the current shocks on the rear are still good

I've probably replaced a bunch of other things as well, but those are the big things worth mentioning. I have replaced hoses & such.

This vehicle is in fair shape given it's age. Has some surface rust, left rear quarter of car was backed into a tree by a previous owner. Looks like someone did a weekend warrior stint to repair the left rear quarter - it's not perfect, but can be fixed. I have a bunch of spare parts that will go with the car along with the tires. Sorry, I'm not going to part out the car. It'll be sold as an entire unit - what you want to do with it after that is entirely up to whoever buys it.

As I said, this car is entirely base - no power windows, or door locks - no power mirrors, no intermittent wipers. Since I've owned it, I've taken good care of it, and made certain it was reliable. It starts first try. I probably spent money on this car where most would have just sent it to a wrecker. It'll probably suffer that fate anyway, since the market for such an old (gas-guzzling) beast isn't good. Thought I'd try here where there would be a better interest for a large car. The car is reliable enough & solid enough that it might make for a good restoration project. I've been using it as a daily driver for two years solid...

Would love it if someone were interested to buy, as I really hate to see a working vehicle go to the scrap yard. If I had the room, I'd keep it. Someone will be getting a good deal as I can't possibly sell the vehicle for anything close to what all of the parts cost. Thanks for the read...
Lambykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2006, 07:16   #2 (permalink)
Ford Fan

Re: Interested in selling my Crown Vic

There is a classified section here at the forum, just scroll through the bottom FORUM JUMP list.
Rocky Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 08:05   #3 (permalink)

Re: Interested in selling my Crown Vic

Thanks, I wasn't aware of that...
Lambykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71