It's been a while and it still lives. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2006, 21:33   #1 (permalink)
Crownvic

It's been a while and it still lives.

There's not a thing wrong with it still and this was a car from a junk yard. You can't tell that now.

CrownVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2006, 17:40   #2 (permalink)

Thumbs up Re: It's been a while and it still lives.

Gee that looks nice. Hard to believe it was in a junkyard. I'm sure it's not quite perfect, but looking at the picture, it looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor. Are those wheels original or aftermarket? What year is it? If you get the chance, post a picture of the front, too.

Nathan
Nathan in MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 20:50   #3 (permalink)
Crownvic

Re: It's been a while and it still lives.

Yes those are the original wheels. The paint is new but was on before I bought the car. I bought it originally because it was *probably* better than the car I drove to the junk yard with. Not to say I'm a cheap trailer trash bastard, but my previous car had the transmission pan bolts stripped right out and I was going to pull another transmission out.

Yes I realize I could have repaired the threads, but the garage (who's no longer in the service) did a nice job stretching the pan, stripping the hole and basically making my car leak everything. So I went to get something and came out with something else. End of story.

Since then it was just an MSD ignition box and a 2 barrel carb to replace the VV. It pulls flat 18's with 2.73 gears.
Old 05-13-2006, 22:01   #4 (permalink)

That's beatiful. What did you pay for it?

My Garage
Freshmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 22:32   #5 (permalink)

woohoo i found my car lol /jk.. nah but it looks just like my car in progress same year/ body style which minus the vinyl top and chrome trim.. ohhhh is that a 85 351/5.8? i forgot which years have that same rear end but i know its 86 and up with 5.0. either way nice ride.
cld783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 21:01   #6 (permalink)
Crownvic

I paid $800. I put on a motocraft 2150 and an MSD 6AL with a blaster SS coil. Everything else was just because I had to have it. A nice stereo and fancy tires. :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71