Just checking in... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2006, 23:01   #1 (permalink)

Just checking in...

How's everyones' Panthers doing these days?

I'm in the middle of installing a 255lph Walbro fuel pump into my blue one (with the GT-40P and T5) and fighting with ignition problems on the white one (a stock '90).

Hopefully they'll both be on the road soon. All about the time and money...

My Garage
Freshmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2006, 02:13   #2 (permalink)

Re: Just checking in...

Well... fuel pump's in. Only took about 20 minutes to get the pump back into the tank and put it all back in. The new pump is very quiet, too. It's more audible than the stocker, but only with the radio off.

Tomorrow I'll install the Lightning EGR spacer and a "new" stock CV throttle cable bracket and hopefully it'll be rolling strong.

I'll let ya'll know. Again- how are your rides doing?

My Garage
Old 09-16-2006, 05:39   #3 (permalink)

My '89 is mostly doing pretty well, though it's mad at me. The problem is that now that I'm in college, I'm doing a lot more walking than driving, so I only drive a few times a week and then only a few miles at a time.

To punish me, it refuses to run very well. Accelerator pump doesn't work, won't idle, etc. I took it for a drive last Sunday afternoon after church, and that helped, but it still isn't very happy.

1989 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor
2bbl Carbureted 351W V8, ported and polished E7TE heads, Edelbrock cam
AOD Transmission with B&M Shift Kit
3.55:1 Positraction Rear Axle
Visit My Car Domain Account Here Updated 1/27/07!
Nathan in MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 15:13   #4 (permalink)

That thing looks NICE cleaned up! I love that color. It'd look some kind of bad ass with a blacked out grill and less chrome.

My Garage
Old 09-16-2006, 18:52   #5 (permalink)

Glad to hear you like the color, though I'm pretty sure it's just the cheapie $400 Maaco type paint job and it's faded pretty badly. I do like the color though. If I were to repaint it, I'd probably go for the same color.

As for the blacked out chrome, I guess I prefer it shiny rather than black. Not that I'm knocking what you did with yours, but it isn't really my cup of tea. I do like the older ('82-'87) body style with the blacked out grill, though. That looks nice.

Anyway, glad to hear you like the way it looks.

Old 09-16-2006, 19:09   #6 (permalink)

I can see it in my mind. Take the chrome from around the doors and the wheel wells... black out the grill... :drool:
I'm telling you. Go post it in the photoshop forum and see if anyone can help you out with what it would look like. If nothing else, do like I did and grab some extra parts from the junker, spray 'em with a rattle can, and put 'em on just to see. I did mine out of boredom and I like it... but the repaint will probably put everything except the bumpers to body color. The bumpers will be cleaned up, narrowed, and tucked.

My Garage
Old 09-17-2006, 07:25   #7 (permalink)

You'll have to excuse my ignorance, but what does "narrowed and tucked" mean?

I guess I'll trying putting it on the Photoshop forum and see what people come up with. That sounds like fun.

Part of the reason that I'd be hesitant to do something like that is that I'm a big fan of the idea of the sleeper. I want it to look at least mostly stock from the outside so that no one expects anything from it. Then, when the light turns green, they'll learn otherwise!

For you, you could probably do almost anything and no one would notice since it's a wagon. After all, who ever heard of a hot rod wagon (until now)? I've saved the pictures you put up just for inspiration with mine. Hopefully by this time next year that car will be significantly different than it is now (mostly under the hood stuff, but probably a little bit on the outside, too).

Old 09-17-2006, 07:47   #8 (permalink)

Hi all,

I haven't been posting in a while but I watch what is going on here. The only thing going on with my Marauder is I'm waiting for Marauderville IV to get here. It is 8 - 11 November and I am registered and can't wait. It will be in the Orlando, FL area this year so it is close enough for me to attend. Here is a link for more info: Marauderville IV - Registration - MercuryMarauder.net Forums There are already over 60 Marauder owners registered so this will be a very large gathering of 2003 - 2004 Mercury Marauders. We get track time on the drag strip in Gainsville and a trip around New Symrna RaceWay. Also a Marauder only cruise in at Old Town.

lwblumjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 15:45   #9 (permalink)

That's a clean Marauder. I test drove one when they first came out and they're fantastic (extremely refined), but it felt like it needed a blower to make real use of the 4v. Still very strong.

My Garage
Old 09-17-2006, 15:46   #10 (permalink)

(For those of you who haven't been keeping up, I recently installed new CompCams beehive valve springs, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, tall valve covers, and Lightning EGR spacer; I still have a couple lifters, Marauder air box, Taurus fan, 3.73s, and traclock to install.)

Woot!! I just ran it and this thing is some kind of strong.
Still need to add a few more things (like an oil change, since I added MMO in hopes of getting the lifter pumped up), but it's ready to roll. It's very strong. I'll probably change the 80s police wheels back to this one since they have good tires and the white one isn't running right anyway. Then I'll detail it up.

I do have some pics and videos that will be posted up as soon as my buddy gets back home to New Orleans and hosts 'em for me.

Thanks for the help, those of you who have contributed... but this is only the beginning.

Oh... the 5,000 RPM power loss seems to be eliminated with the new springs and fuel pump. I ran it to 6,000 RPMs without even realizing it.
I'm ready for gears.

My Garage
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71