Msd And Spark Plug Warning - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2004, 14:10   #1 (permalink)
That guy

Msd And Spark Plug Warning

I found out to day from MSD that its a extremely bad idea to use Bosch plat 4s with a MSD 6AL cause it take 4 times as much power to use and lowers performance. They said best in Bosch series is plat 2, or use Split-fire but split fire may burn a hole in the piston. I went out and got new plat 2s and I'm going out to test them now. Already put a new neutral switch on ( I just remembered the name of the part on the column) The TFI coil and Dist should be here tomorrow :) YeeeeeeHaaaaaa!!!!

BlueSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2004, 19:59   #2 (permalink)

Re: Msd And Spark Plug Warning

Bluesteel what do you have the rev limit set on the 6al? The reason i ask is because i am thing of buying one of the 6Al but not sure what rev to use one that came with it or to buy seperate ones.
amo4387622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 05:42   #3 (permalink)
That guy

Re: Msd And Spark Plug Warning

I just set mine to 6000 cause the crown vic has an internal rev limiter. Wire the 6AL up as a TFI configuration and I do sugest the wire harness so its easier. Put the 6AL on the driverside right where a suction can is, move the suction can back about 7 inches, the hose will still reach. Theres a great flat spot there for the 6AL. Then run the wires through the plastic wire holder for a cleaner look. I ran the hot wire to the (+) battery side of the silinoid and the ground side to the (+) battery. Trust me, you'll feel the engine get smoother the more you run it and you will get better throttle response.

BlueSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71