Muffler fell off today - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2004, 15:59   #1 (permalink)

Muffler fell off today

today my muffler decided to fall off... the car sounds much better now like a v8 is supposed to

I think I will finally bolt up my H pipe now and put on a set of new mufflers

Anyone have any opinions of glass packs? thats what I think im going to get just want some opinions on other options
T_Juggalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2004, 16:41   #2 (permalink)
That guy

Re: Muffler fell off today

Blue Birds. There at Murrays for $20 per muffler. I love them. But if you want noise then get Master Flow. Or if you want stock good used mufflers. I have a pile of them. I also have a pair of semi-truck mufflers that where on a smashed mustang, it got hit by a U-haul truck.

BlueSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 17:46   #3 (permalink)

Blue bird mufflers, are those the ones for busses? and im in canada so prices are gonna be different.
I think im goin straight through muffler, just need to get it tommorow and weld it on, no stores open today its sunday
Old 08-15-2004, 17:50   #4 (permalink)

also whats my stock inlet and outlet size?
Old 08-15-2004, 18:54   #5 (permalink)

I would go with flowtechs warlock muffler because that is what i put on my car and it is uncapped and i get a lot of people looking at my car as i drive by them. And with this muffler you can go stright through or in a s configuration if it is to loud for you just by uncapping the muffler. and the inlet and outlet for stock is 2"
amo4387622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 21:52   #6 (permalink)
That guy

I might get a set of warlocks. Sounds nice. I got strait pipes out the back with a set of blue birds, there murray brand or something. I like them cause they sound tough when you put a strait pipe on them. My exhaust is 1-7/8", I wanted 2" but Mr.Muffler said 1-7/8" is best. So far I don't like Mr.Muffler any more.

BlueSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 22:21   #7 (permalink)

well with the warlock muffler on the car now my exhaust goes from 2" to 2.5" outlet and it sounds mean when the car is just idling and when you step on the gas you can hear the car from far away from what i was told by my friend that lives next door to me. And the car has a lot more power to it with this muffler compared to a flowmaster delta flow 40 my previces muffler.
Old 08-16-2004, 14:46   #8 (permalink)

I went to canadian tire today and looked at a couple mufflers, looks like they dont carry the flowtech red hots anymore, but they had cherrybomb glasspacks and cherrybomb super turbo mufflers for $35 each

What do you guys think about these 2 mufflers any differance
And what would the sound of a glasspack vs a super turbo be
Old 08-16-2004, 18:27   #9 (permalink)

The cherrybomb would be louder than the super turbo. Because i have used a lot of cherrybombs on my friends cars and trucks. So i would go with the cherrybomb.
Old 08-16-2004, 18:32   #10 (permalink)

Thats what I was thinkin, but I gotta wait till wednesday to get it, just hope my muffler dosnt completely fall off before then lol
They are only $35 at Canadian Tire and the stock muffler in the economy model costs $39.95 so it is to me an easy choice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71