mustang 4r70w to 04 vic - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2011, 07:55   #1 (permalink)

mustang 4r70w to 04 vic

Im a tech at a ford dealer and one of our employee's wants me to put a 99 mustang 4r70w in his 04 crown vic I did some checking and the oss is different and has different frequencies at speed I guess my question is has anyone ever done it? and what was done about the difference in frequencies?

thanks,
justin
jlseniormaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2011, 08:29   #2 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Re: mustang 4r70w to 04 vic

I have no experience with that but I can say that in our Police fleet, we installed the same radar system that worked in the Crown Vic and we couldn't get it to read the speed from the Mustang. We worked with th radar company and could never get it to work. The speedo reads a much different way.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:41   #3 (permalink)

thanks bert,
yeah the frequency at 30mph is like 150hz in the mustang and is like 500hz in the crown vic.
haven't heard of anyone doing this tho?(trans swap)
Old 03-13-2011, 08:53   #4 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

I've not heard of anyone doing it but it must have been done. It may need the whole harness and ECM (PCM).
Old 03-13-2011, 09:08   #5 (permalink)

thats the first thing i told this kid was "I'm sure its been done" but looking at the forums it looks like the main swap is to a manual.
I was hoping it could be easy like a signal amplifier or just changing the wheel size in the computer but if im going to be the ginnea pig it will be an expensive trial and error.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:27   #6 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Post a question to these guys and see if they have an answer. 5 Star Tuning - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Old 03-13-2011, 09:46   #7 (permalink)

I just called him and told him it wasn't looking good he said he's going to return it he said he didn't think they would be that different i asked him why he bought one for a mustang he said because its rated for 400hp and the crown vic ones were rated for less power so I'm laughing now because i know his car 100k plus old squad car. So I had to break his heart and let him know to make his car faster he need to build his engine then get a trans or have me rebuild him a trans when he blows his current one up.

thanks for all your help bert let me know if you ever need any help from me i've been a ford mechanic for 6yrs im a ford senior master im best at; trans work, driveablity, and electrical thanks again

message me if you can't get my email
Old 03-13-2011, 11:11   #8 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Thanks for that. If you check here once in awhile, you may be able to help others. My experience is mostly our fleet now and past with many other cars, mostly Mercedes Benz.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71