My 2000 CVPI - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2009, 10:36   #1 (permalink)

My 2000 CVPI

Hello... I am new to this forum and I am a recently a new owner of a CVPI... I had an 84 CV years ago and loved it. I love my new 2000 CVPI and like the way people respond around me when I drive it. People tend to slow down and get out or my way... I have even had some cops wave to me. Has anybody else had that happen?? My car was issued to either a detective or higher up because it has carpeting throughout, clothe seats, and a front split bench seat (which kinda sucks because I would like to put in a concole). It doesn't have any holes from antennas, spotlights, or holes in the dash from mounted equipment. So... it is real clean and nice looking. I love it!!

I'm looking at ways to increase HP and improve gas mileage... any suggestions would be great!! What is involved with the PI "chip"?

I also am having a little trouble with my power windows. The driver and passenger front windows have trouble working at times. They are slow going up and down and sometimes they don't work. Could somebody please tell me if this is an easy fix and how I can fix this?? Thanks!!

And one last thing... I need my of my CATS replaced, my local dealer priced one at $1000 and the other at $2000. Is this accurate of just dealer pricing?? What is an average price for this?? Thanks.

Mr. Bill II
MrBillII is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2009, 11:40   #2 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Re: My 2000 CVPI

Alot of the detectives had that type of car ordered for them. Looks good but you're right about the console.

When the power windows get slow, We always take the door panel off and lube the window guide and spray silicone on the channels. Also, loosen the regulator bolts and run the winow up and down with the just barely loose so the regulator can settle in then tighten them and try it.

If you don't live in California, check with our sponsor, Rock Auto, you can get them for a lot less. They even have a discount for our members sometimes. But even without a discount, their prices are very good.
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 08:09   #3 (permalink)

My CVPI also has the 60/40 split seat. I removed the cup holder/ashtray assembly and installed my equipment there. One advantage is there is a wire leading to the ashtray assembly that powers up with the headlights, so if you have equipment that needs that power input it comes in handy.

I had problems uploading the photos to this post, so here is a link to them (sorry about the inconvenience): Crown Vic (Heather's Placee)
dcspo5073 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 08:59   #4 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

That's a clean install. We used a special console that fit where the ashtray holder went in. For a gun rack, we removed the armrest and used the mountingholes to mount the special made gun mount there. One of ours is the same color as yours.
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71